Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to change the brake on my old 2007 Sienna van. I was wondering what the recommended torque to use on the brake caliper. In addition, what's the recommended brake grease to use? Any specific brand? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I did pads and rotors when I changed out my hub/knuckle/bearing and used Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts. However, even the little plastic pouch of brake grease they give you should be adequate for doing brake work. The bracket looks like it's 79 ft. lbs., and the caliper itself looks like 25 ft. lbs. I've always just done "really tight" and "tight enough," which is the reverse process of "that came out easier than I expected" and "holy sh*t, that's tight!"

·
Registered
2009 le awd
341 Posts
Really tight or tight enough is what I always did, but recently I did actually use a torque wrench
On them and those 2 specs. Bill mentioned are what I recall too.

·
Registered
2006 LE
2,037 Posts
The banjo bolt torque is for the bolt associated with the hose carrying fluid to the caliper. There is no reason to disconnect the entire caliper from the brake fluid lines , if all you are changing are the pads and rotors. The 25ft/lbs and 79ft/lbs are for the slider pins and caliper brackets respectively. The two caliper bracket bolts are 17mm , If I remember correctly, the pins are 14mm I believe

Reactions: BillG and Charlilor
1 - 6 of 6 Posts