Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Stuck in our driveway in very light snow. Traction was terrible. Engine powers down as soon as tire spin
I thought no problem would just get my truck and pull it. There is no,place to hook onto it.

called dealer and Toyota hotline. No help.
Looking for solutions.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kitty litter; throw it under the tires and make a long enough path so you can get going the always keep some in the van so you have it. Did you turn off the VSC and see if that helped? Do you have neighbors that would help push to get you going? That's what we do around here, help one another out when needed especially in snow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will look at the VSC. But what if it is deep in a ditch or crashed and/ or engine not working... the bottom of the vehicle is smooth. In the past Toyota put an eyebolt that could be screwed into the bumper....

Thanks

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
797 Posts
Subscribed.

FWIW, Sienna is meant to be towed with all 4 wheels off the ground. If not, the always-connected motor(s) can energize the system and it can fly away (no kidding.. it says that in the manual!). May be that is why they explicatively didn't put the towing hooks? There should still be guidance on how to handle situation like this (if not in manually already that I haven't read all of it yet ;) ).

My uneducated guess would be that if it still needs to be pulled, have someone in it with with car in proper forward or reverse gear?? Thinking out loud, this can't be the first time this come up.. anything on the Prius side of the boards?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2004 and there is not an eye bolt or place for one on the bumper. I had a Scion that had a place on the bumper to put in a towing attachment, but not my Sienna. I've wondered the same thing about getting towed out of a ditch; what do you hook to?

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have a 2010 and there's no place to hook on it either. I ran a chain under the car and attached it to the tow ball in the rear. If you don't have a towing receiver I think you're out of luck. I wonder how they hold them down for shipping? Must use tire straps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same thought. There is no attachment point, as far as I can tell, on the front. I have a hitch and think you would need to pull backwards. Just got our first snow in Michigan and the factory installed Firestones are are not great in the snow. Making an appointment to get snow tires installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts