Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a plan for converting my 2010 Sienna into a camper and wanted to put a set of locking drawers in where the current folding center console tray is. My question is whether the drawers will fit and how to attach it to the floor of the Sienna.

Unfortunately I don't have access to my sienna for the next 2 weeks (I'm on a trip). Can anyone with a Gen 2 Sienna (2004-2010) take a couple of measurements for me?
  • What is the distance between the driver and passenger seats?
    • i.e. from the outside of the drivers side armrest to the outside of the passenger side armrest?
    • another measurement from the edge of the driver size seat to the passenger seat at the narrowest point?
  • Also what is the distance from the floor to the top of the armrest?
I would like to screw the locking drawers (kind of like a file cabinet) down to the floor. Do people have suggestions for screwing something down to the floor where the current center console is?

thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are four 10mm bolts into the floor under the center console ('04) The floor is not level and the brake cable is under that space as well. I have a 3/4" piece of ply across the front and about 3/4" of rattle trap shims across the back. I'm putting an accessory battery box in that space at present. Two bolts in my plywood, (import here clipped one bolt out of picture.) two bolts about halfway back. My ground strap is attached with two of those, and the brake cable hold down, several inches to the rear under the rug.

Distance between seats is 12" more of less. My box is just about 11.75" I think the distance between the arm rests is 8.5" (Have my arm rests and passenger seat removed at the moment or I'd give you an exact number there. Distance to the top of the seat bottom is about 12")

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts