Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Is this a factory security system or aftermarket?

This doesn’t happen to me when I disconnect the battery with the doors unlocked. It might be different if the alarm was set, battery went dead then you replace it. No way around that other than to press unlock on the fob or turn they in the ignition tumbler right after you attach a battery. Bad things might happen if you attach the battery with key already turned in the tumbler so mind your timing.

Sixto
‘04 LE FWD 201K miles

·
Registered
2004 Sienna CE 97k miles
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks aftermarket. Have been doing some trouble shooting where I had to disconnect and reconnect the battery terminals and prefer the alarm not going off each time. Is there a fuse , relay I can pull? Or maybe even remove the alarm horn temporarily

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Does it use the horn or a separate alarm? If it uses the horn, you can just pull the horn relay. If it's separate, there's usually a disable button somewhere in the driver's foot well. Often, it's well-hidden behind the parking brake or some such, so it's not obvious. You put the key in, turn it to the On position and then push the button to permanently disable the alarm, until you reenable it. It might actually still make a single "beep" or "chirp" when reconnecting the battery, though. It shouldn't go off tho. If it's aftermarket, it could be wired to a fuse, a fuse expansion, an inline fuse from the battery OR spliced into something else existing with continuous power.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That is, by far, the absolute WORST install I have ever seen in my life!!! Duct tape for the wires and a screw into vinyl??? Seriously??? :ROFLMAO:

Usually, the alarm light is just an indicator of activation status (blinking usually means armed, solid usually means deactivated). Way back when, aftermarket alarms all had a light, visible from somewhere high, as a deterrent for would-be thieves and a button somewhere down low, concealed, so the alarm could be deactivated in special circumstances (i.e. parking in a long-term airport lot). That looks like there might be a light on one end and a button on the other. Put your key in the ignition, turn it to On and push the button. If the light turns solid and stays solid after removing the key, the alarm should be disabled. Deactivating it shouldn't cause any adverse events, but, in this case (Re: duct tape/screw), I would be afraid of even looking at it the wrong way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts