Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new to the Sienna site. After debating for a year between a Sienna and the newer remodel Odyssey, my family got a deal on an used 2017 Limited. Had it for about a week now and am wondering if I have the limited or the limited Premium. I believe I have HID as they turn on with that delay flicker like my previous car did with HID and also have the manual leveling adjuster switch by the traction control, BSM, and other buttons. Are there any other tell tale signs that maybe my sienna is actually a Premium model? The dealer had listed as a XLE so they were not really clear on what model car they were selling.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hello all,
I am new to the Sienna site. After debating for a year between a Sienna and the newer remodel Odyssey, my family got a deal on an used 2017 Limited. Had it for about a week now and am wondering if I have the limited or the limited Premium. I believe I have HID as they turn on with that delay flicker like my previous car did with HID and also have the manual leveling adjuster switch by the traction control, BSM, and other buttons. Are there any other tell tale signs that maybe my sienna is actually a Premium model? The dealer had listed as a XLE so they were not really clear on what model car they were selling.
Looks like the premium has the technology package.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Premium adds the dropdown rear screens (at least that was the big add on the 2015 Limited Premium). Sorry, can't get to my 'repository' right now to verify.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2018 Limited FWD but mine does not have a power button to fold the 3rd row seats. Is it available in US only? I’m in Canada btw. Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a 2018 Limited FWD but mine does not have a power button to fold the 3rd row seats. Is it available in US only? I’m in Canada btw. Thanks.
Not sure about Canada, but power folding third row is part of the Limited Package trim in US.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I'm pretty sure this has come up before. There are subtle and not so subtle differences between the U.S. and Canadian market Sienna. I find it odd that the FWD version of the Sienna Limited is no longer offered in Canada - only the AWD version is shown on https://www.toyota.ca for the 2020 model year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm pretty sure this has come up before. There are subtle and not so subtle differences between the U.S. and Canadian market Sienna. I find it odd that the FWD version of the Sienna Limited is no longer offered in Canada - only the AWD version is shown on https://www.toyota.ca for the 2020 model year.
Yeah, I believe I’m one of the fortunate ones who happens to own one of the last productions of Limited trim FWD 2018 model year. If I’m correct Toyota Canada did not offer it starting last year. I always thought that I got all the bells and whistles of this minivan has to offer until my son came across a YouTube video of a US dealership showing a Limited trim with power folding 3rd row seat. Though it’s not a big deal but still I’m missing one cool feature. 😊

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I always thought that I got all the bells and whistles of this minivan has to offer until my son came across a YouTube video of a US dealership showing a Limited trim with power folding 3rd row seat. Though it’s not a big deal but still I’m missing one cool feature. 😊
That and the flux capacitor that is standard on the U.S. market Sienna Limited FWD. ;)

An even cooler feature of the power stowing 3rd row seats is that they power recline. I had my FWD Limited for probably a week before I noticed the recline buttons on the outboard corners of the 3rd row seat cushions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,
I have a 2017 Sienna brochure in front of me. The Limited Premium has HID headlights, Dual view blu Ray Disc Entertainment, Rain sensing wipers. DRCC, PCS, VDIM, and HAC. It has other items too much to write. It is also a seven seater. There is a difference in AWD and FWD.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I have a 2017 Sienna brochure in front of me. The Limited Premium has HID headlights, Dual view blu Ray Disc Entertainment, Rain sensing wipers. DRCC, PCS, VDIM, and HAC. It has other items too much to write. It is also a seven seater. There is a difference in AWD and FWD.
DRCC, PCS, VDIM, and HAC were not standard on the 2017 Limited Premium. From 2011 through 2017 they were in the separate optional Advanced Technology Package (ATP). My understanding has been that the ATP was available only when a 2011-2017 Sienna Limited had all the other available packages - at least that was what I was told when I special ordered mine with the ATP in 2014.

DRCC, PCS and HAC became standard on all Sienna trims for 2018. VDIM may have been discontinued. Forum members who have asked Toyota dealers and Toyota corporate have not reported getting a definitive answer. VDIM continues to be available on the 2019 Highlander Hybrid and on a number of Lexus models.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts