Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Title says it all.

What I'm looking for is a way to quickly identify whether a Sienna has LATP based on photos in used vehicle listings, because it's usually absent from the descriptions. I'm interested in the 2015-2016 MYs in particular.

Does the cruise control stalk look different? The features of LATP also suggest their could be visible radar sensors on the front bumper, perhaps?

LATP features
  • Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
  • Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management
  • Pre-Collision System
  • Hill Start Assist Control

I do see that LATP was only available on the Limited Premium trims, according to Toyota Sienna: Options Packages - Limbaugh Toyota, which is good to know. But several I've looked into do not have LATP. I can only guess how common the package was, and how much extra it ran.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The exterior grill will have a protective plastic in the center. Suuper hard to find but I wouldn't make it a deal breaker.. these earlier versions seem to be very buggy or sensitive. I rarely use ours because of this. Good luck and happy hunting!
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Adaptive cruise control is my favorite feature and automatic emergency braking saved my butt from a high speed crash in the Sienna in summer 2014. Both our 2014 Sienna Limited and our 2012 Prius v have the advanced tech package. We won't buy another vehicle without ACC and AEB and recently declined a 2023 Corvette convertible allocation because of that although I'm now first in line at a dealership to get a 2024 if it gets AEB and ACC.

As far as being "buggy", adaptive cruise control in our Sienna seems to lose its mind occasionally (once or twice per year) but restarting the engine always resolves the problem. A variety of road features - they're listed in the owners manual - can cause inappropriate automatic braking. It's mainly railroad tracks and steel plates on streets that cause it on the Sienna. I've gotten adept at cancelling the adaptive cruise control when I see I'm approaching a steel plate or railroad track and then resume the cruse control as I pass over it. Using adaptive cruise control is a learned skill - it is not a "set it and forget it" feature. I toggle through the three following distance intervals very frequently when using it on the highway.

I had to special order the Sienna to get the advanced tech package. None of the Toyota dealers here stocked Sienna Limited with the advanced tech package but I noticed on the Internet that lots of Toyota dealers in southern California did.

I highly recommend getting a Sienna Limited with AEB and ACC. If you can swing it, those and additional features are standard on all trims of the 2018-up Sienna,.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts