Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just vacuumed both air filters under front seats today.

Not dirty at all.
Even with good suction there was nothing in vacuum cannistor as had emptied prior.
Initially I was oh wow the filters are so black but that's just how colour they are made.

Anyone had dirty filters within first year?

It is subject to where live and drive so just wanted to get feel for how dirty these get as opposed to cabin air filter which I suspect will be more dirty.

Make sure to put into tabs when install back.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How often should I check that filter? Once a month or quarter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once/month good to vacuum from outside and then once/quarter unscrew cover and directly vacuum filters.

Do not use forced air or similar... need to suction out.

If drive in dusty area or similar then inspect filters from inside and clean or change as needed.

Look out for any signs of over heating, poor performance as that may be dirty filters.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yes, had my drivers side filter get really dirty after a single MN winter. I changed both sides at 6 months. Im gonna change them again soon, as the filter might not visibly look dirty, but the airflow is severely reduced. you can hear the fan a lot more when the air flow is blocked because it will run faster because of less resistance.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, had my drivers side filter get really dirty after a single MN winter. I changed both sides at 6 months. Im gonna change them again soon, as the filter might not visibly look dirty, but the airflow is severely reduced. you can hear the fan a lot more when the air flow is blocked because it will run faster because of less resistance.
Would you say yours was dirty because of the mileage [you do in a month what some do in a year] you put on the Sienna or it would have required changing no matter at 6 months due to where you drive?

Any reason/idea why driver's side more dirty then passenger's side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts