Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I had a perfectly good ‘19 Sienna XLE, driving 22k annually was getting brutal on gas. I started looking around May of this year, and quickly realized the market was not like it was when I got the ‘19. I am a quick study, pestered every dealership with 250 miles for a while, and finally broke down and put a deposit with the high volume dealership I got the ‘19 from in mid-June. I preferred XLE, would consider XSE if all else failed, and didn’t really care what color.

Last week I got a call that they had a Bronze Mica XLE allocated to me coming mid-September. As happy as I was about getting lucky in only 3 months, really did not like that color. Everyone has their own opinions, I was trying to convince myself I could at least tolerate it.
Yesterday one of the many dealerships that I pester constantly every time a new listing shows up on Cars.com called me out of the blue. They had a customer that had their allocated vehicle come in, but they couldn’t pull off the financing. Every salesman in the dealership got permission to try and sell the vehicle. No holds, no deposits, first customer in the door gets it. This was at 9:30am. I work until 5pm. Didn’t want to get my hopes up. But 5pm, still there. Stormy weather scared a lot of people away, and plenty booked appointments the following day. So I drive to the dealership and took my chances.
About 2.5 hours later, left with a Cypress XLE FWD. Dealership didn’t do any “market adjustments”, but they inflated Window Tint and Etching to $3495. Given the $10k “adjustments” I’ve seen with other opportunities I’ve had, this was the only thing I could really complain about. I didn’t fight it and took the deal.

Persistence, patience, and a lot of luck. Keep trying folks. I can’t be the only one that got lucky.

Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
1,238 Posts
Although I had a perfectly good ‘19 Sienna XLE, driving 22k annually was getting brutal on gas. I started looking around May of this year, and quickly realized the market was not like it was when I got the ‘19. I am a quick study, pestered every dealership with 250 miles for a while, and finally broke down and put a deposit with the high volume dealership I got the ‘19 from in mid-June. I preferred XLE, would consider XSE if all else failed, and didn’t really care what color.

Last week I got a call that they had a Bronze Mica XLE allocated to me coming mid-September. As happy as I was about getting lucky in only 3 months, really did not like that color. Everyone has their own opinions, I was trying to convince myself I could at least tolerate it.
Yesterday one of the many dealerships that I pester constantly every time a new listing shows up on Cars.com called me out of the blue. They had a customer that had their allocated vehicle come in, but they couldn’t pull off the financing. Every salesman in the dealership got permission to try and sell the vehicle. No holds, no deposits, first customer in the door gets it. This was at 9:30am. I work until 5pm. Didn’t want to get my hopes up. But 5pm, still there. Stormy weather scared a lot of people away, and plenty booked appointments the following day. So I drive to the dealership and took my chances.
About 2.5 hours later, left with a Cypress XLE FWD. Dealership didn’t do any “market adjustments”, but they inflated Window Tint and Etching to $3495. Given the $10k “adjustments” I’ve seen with other opportunities I’ve had, this was the only thing I could really complain about. I didn’t fight it and took the deal.

Persistence, patience, and a lot of luck. Keep trying folks. I can’t be the only one that got lucky.

View attachment 58166

Congratulations!

Welcome to mass produced yet slowest growing car club ;)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Although I had a perfectly good ‘19 Sienna XLE, driving 22k annually was getting brutal on gas.
No offense intended and I am truly happy that you’re happy with the purchase and the new van, but I never really understood this. The extra money spent on a new vehicle would have paid for A LOT of gas to put in the perfectly good 2019 Sienna.

-Mike

·
Registered
329 Posts
No offense intended and I am truly happy that you’re happy with the purchase and the new van, but I never really understood this. The extra money spent on a new vehicle would have paid for A LOT of gas to put in the perfectly good 2019 Sienna.

-Mike
It is not just about saving us money. Its about consuming less resources (gas) hereby giving other's the ability to use the dwindling supply of gas. It may no longer be as bad as March/April of this year when prices was sky high - but there really is no downside to polluting less, and giving the next generation the opportunity to enjoy clean air as we did growing up.

To the OP (jlanephoto) - congratulations on a very nice XLE. I like that color green. I am sure after a few years that color will stand out and be one of the "rare" colors available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

-Mike
None taken. There is that argument, and it is one I considered. In my case, my monthly note went up $60 a month, but with the amount of driving I do (around 22k annually) my gas savings at 36mpg (assuming I can get that after I break it in) worked out closer to $120 per month. So a net savings of about $60 per month. Any time I can get a new Toyota and save $60 a month, I will take it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Killer color, I like it. Never seen one in person. Can we at least appreciate though that even in this market what kind of huevos a dealer has to have to actually put "window tinting" at $3500 in writing lol. Holy crap man, I'm pretty sure I could tint an entire Boeing 747 for that. It just seems less hilarious to simply say it as "we're going to have to do a 3500 adjustment but we'll throw in the tinting and etching free"

So much better.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got mine in a week's time! My 2010 Sienna had broken AGAIN after over $8500 "invested" over the course of 18 months of ownership. I wanted to never own another Toyota ever again, since that one proved to be a BMW 7-Series with a Toyota badge, while my Volvo just kept trucking along with 200k+ miles. But I knew I had to consider the 2021+ Sienna because I drive for rideshare and the fuel economy of a hybrid + the practicality of a minivan = one mega money making machine.

I test drove 3 vehicles and told myself I had to disqualify one. I genuinely expected to DQ the Sienna because of lack of power, but the immediate disqualification was the Kia Telluride. Nice vehicle, but overactive lake keep assist nearly crashed me into construction barriers repeatedly, and the "market adjustment" was the cost of an entire K5. Nope. The contenders were a Certified Volvo XC90 and the Sienna. I should have bought the Sienna I test drove then and there. Only reason I didn't was I was still in the "research" phase and it was a 21, the first year of a new model. Big no no. It sold early the next morning.

I then made a trip to a large 9 brand dealer in another town on a recommendation and they had a 2019 Subaru Ascent, which I liked - once the salesman jumped it off. Nope. On the Toyota side, they had a gray poverty spec LE. Cloth seats. No lumbar support. No sunroof. With rideshare in mind, seeing signs and building that are above you has it's merits; plus if you think about the last time you took an Uber that had cloth seats, I bet you wish you could forget the smell. That wouldn't do. I wanted either blue or green (stands out in a sea of white vans, though the pearl white was very pretty), 7 seats, and a spare tire because you never know. They offered to order me one with 4-6 months lead time, but presented me with a sheet of paper "This will be here next week." Windchill pearl 8 seater XLE FWD with no spare. After about 30 seconds of internal deliberation, I plunked down $5000 on a vehicle I'd never seen and was approved @1.9%. A week later, on October 15 2021, I collected my 2022 Sienna. Final price $44,000 + extended warranty 5yr/150k mi. + 5 year warranty for seats, buttons, switches, etc. I then got the front windows tinted to match the rear, ceramic coat all around, and PPF on the front bumper and hood (not needed - don't recommend)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts