Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I rarely get on the interstate but mainly do short trips about town and occasional drives on country highways, with hills and curves. Here in Southern Oregon we get hot summers and rainy winters with not much snow. Here’s the thing, I like to take my Sienna up forest roads. Not too far, 5-10 miles or so nothing too hard core but rocks, mud and the like have taken their toll on my Michelin Premiers. Any tire suggestions? Les Schwab Reputations seem to be highly rated but heck I could get a set of Michelins for the price and aren’t Les Schwab tires basically Toyo tires? One more thing, I do somewhat frequent road-trips up to Portland or down to the Bay Area which is about 300 miles. Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated! I don’t think I want to get AT tires because of the bad gas mileage and because I do occasional long road trips. One more thing, I’ll probably sell this van in a couple years so tire life is not a huge concern for me and I only drive about 3,000 miles a year.

2007 FWD Sienna Limited
225/60R17

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m sure everybody has their own opinion. I would guess that you would want AT (all terrain) tires.

I did a lot of research on AT tires, because I drive on some pretty rocky Forest Service and BLM roads.

In the end, I decided on Yokohama Geolander A/T because the vast majority of my miles are on pavement, and the Geolanders had great reviews for pavement and still had good reviews for off-pavement.

Also, look into the practice of lowering tire pressure for off-road. My understanding is that it reduces the risk of puncture and tire damage, and also improves traction in marginal situations.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For more detail:

The reason I suggested researching the options yourself is because there are many AT tires to choose from, at various price points. Some are better at pavement, some are better off-road, some are noisier, some are better in the winter, etc. You may have different needs than others on the forum.

Here are a couple of the sites I found helpful:

I just noticed that you said you don't think you want AT tires. Oops. Still, there may be some that still give you good gas mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts