Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is something for you to worry about:

Maybe it's not your car that is worth more; perhaps it's your dollar that is worth less?
In general true, with over 6% inflation this year alone, but in this case it is just an insane used car market due to production shortages for newer cars coupled with a booming economy in which people want/need newer vehicles.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
I paid less than $45k OTD for this in Feb. I'm not getting rid of mine, but sheeeeeeeit View attachment 53277
Your phone battery is running low :)

In general true, with over 6% inflation this year alone, but in this case it is just an insane used car market due to production shortages for newer cars coupled with a booming economy in which people want/need newer vehicles.
I think the 6% exist only in the official reports. If you look at what reg'lar folks end up spending most of their money on, which is real estate, automobiles, food, and energy/utilities, it will probably be more like 20%. Petroleum is squarely 100% up since Nov 2020, and many commodities have gone up by double digits.

I also anticipate a non-trivial wage inflation.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
797 Posts
Your phone battery is running low :)

I think the 6% exist only in the official reports. If you look at what reg'lar folks end up spending most of their money on, which is real estate, automobiles, food, and energy/utilities, it will probably be more like 20%. Petroleum is squarely 100% up since Nov 2020, and many commodities have gone up by double digits.

I also anticipate a non-trivial wage inflation.
Blame this on covid too. Virtually all Governments dumped money to help poor, and also helped one's who didn't really need it.

The other choice was to do little like in 2007 which had opposite effects of what's happening now.

It is pretty much pick your poison.

IMHO, for the neediest, what we have now is a better scenario. Inflation will make it all even soon but Full pockets and empty shelves is better than empty pockets and full shelves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's nothing. I bought a 2018 XLE Premium in Feb. Current listings for comparable vehicles are $10k higher than I paid. Just got lucky to get it before everything went crazy starting in March.

My local dealer offered a brand new XLE at the same time for about $37,500.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's wild because you have lower miles than ours. Our, out-the-door price was $51,709 and Carvana is offering $54,311 and we have a little over 8,000 miles on ours.
Their computer system is wierd lol i got the limited awd version with entertainment system and digital rearview mirror and the the tow hitch and the jbl audio with some other extras mine was 54500 msrp without tax and interest

·
Registered
21 Posts
Their computer system is wierd lol i got the limited awd version with entertainment system and digital rearview mirror and the the tow hitch and the jbl audio with some other extras mine was 54500 msrp without tax and interest
Same here! We bought ours at the end of April, so timing also had something to do with the 'deal' we got when we bought it. The CARVANA offer ends the middle of next week but we're struggling on finding a replacement.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna Woodland cement
10 Posts
Bought our xse with plus package June with Costco for $41,000 just sold it to car max with 3k miles for $49,800 if we would have drove 300 miles we could have gotten 52k is all based off zip code.
We bought our woodland with entertainment package for $47,095 4 days ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts