Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the database for any articles that might discuss this topic but no luck.

My 2011 XLE turn-signal makes the requisite clicking sound when enabled. Problem is that my hearing has degraded to the point where I no longer hear it when traveling at speed. Don't have that problem in my 1999 Sienna where the sound is much louder. Today I passed another 2011 Sienna driven by an older gentleman who also had his blinker going for well over a mile! So... time to present the question to the collective body of experts!

Has anyone identified a simple solution to increasing the volume of the turn-signal clicker?

Thanks in advance,
Herman

·
198 Posts
You could wire a little 12 volt beeper in parallel with the turn lights. Easiest would be two beepers, or you could use two diodes to isolate each side. Search online for "12v buzzer" - I saw amazon has some, or you could get really cheap from eBay if you are willing to wait for shipment.

Some of them are really loud - if they are too loud tape some cotton over the opening, or bury them somewhere deep inside the dash.

I'm sure someone here could tell you where to access, and what color the wires are, to do this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
12/18/13 UPDATE TO THE INFORMATION LISTED BELOW:

My local Toyota mechanic said it can not be done. I then sent a letter to Toyota Company Headquarters in California. They called me and stated that they have not had any complaints about the 2013 Sienna's, however, the turn signal indicator is an "electronic module" that cannot be modified. I'll keep checking and if I do come across any information I will edit this posting.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE TURN SIGNAL INDICATOR VOLUME, PLEASE COMPLAIN TO TOYOTA HEADQUARTERS:
ATT - CUSTOMER SERVICE
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
19001 South Western Ave.
Dept. WC11
Torrance, CA 90501-1106

==========================================================================================================

RadioShack 80dB Chime:
These are GREAT devices. For years I have used them on my cars, trucks, and motorhome. My turn signals are not equipped with a sounder, so very frequently I forget they are still on when I make shallow turns such as getting onto the Interstate or passing another vehicle. These little chimes remind me to turn off the signals.

They are so easy to install. Just strip about an inch and a half of insulation from each of the three wires. Twist the blue and black wires together. Find your turn signal flasher under your dashboard. (Listen for the clicking when you turn on the signals.) Pull the "flasher" out of its socket. You should see two prongs. Wrap the blue/black wires around one prong and the red wire around the other. Plug the flasher back in and turn on the signal. (Don't forget to turn on the ignition first.) If the chime works, just attach it to anything under the dash. If it doesn't, just reverse the leads on the flasher prongs.

I have NEVER worn out one of these chimes. Of course, I am using them at their prescribed voltage of about 12 VDC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RE: MY 2013 TOYOTA SIENNA

My local Toyota mechanic said it can not be done. I then sent a letter to Toyota Company Headquarters in California. They called me and stated that they have not had any complaints about the 2013 Sienna's, however, the turn signal indicator is an "electronic module" that cannot be modified. I'll keep checking and if I do come across any information I will edit this posting.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE TURN SIGNAL INDICATOR VOLUME, PLEASE COMPLAIN TO TOYOTA HEADQUARTERS:
ATT - CUSTOMER SERVICE
19001 South Western Ave.
Dept. WC11
Torrance, CA 90501-1106

·
Registered
4 Posts
RESPONSE RE: MY 2013 TOYOTA SIENNA

The local Toyota mechanic said it can not be done. I then sent a letter to Toyota Company Headquarters in California. They called me and stated that they have not had any complaints about the 2013 Sienna's, however, the turn signal indicator is an "electronic module" that cannot be modified. I'll keep checking and if I do come across any information I will edit this posting.

ATT - CUSTOMER SERVICE
19001 South Western Ave.
Dept. WC11
Torrance, CA 90501-1106

·
Registered
1 Posts
Searched the database for any articles that might discuss this topic but no luck.

My 2011 XLE turn-signal makes the requisite clicking sound when enabled. Problem is that my hearing has degraded to the point where I no longer hear it when traveling at speed. Don't have that problem in my 1999 Sienna where the sound is much louder. Today I passed another 2011 Sienna driven by an older gentleman who also had his blinker going for well over a mile! So... time to present the question to the collective body of experts!

Has anyone identified a simple solution to increasing the volume of the turn-signal clicker?

Thanks in advance,
Herman
I have THE SAME ISSUE with my 2018 Sienna. Has anyone discovered a way to increase the volume of the clicker?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts