Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice little usb led I purchased from ebay that comes in a variety of colors. Since light emits in all directions I covered the top and sides. Installed in an Anker 12v socket charger w/ usb port. The blue light is a bit exaggerated in this picture but it's enough for things to be visible at night. Although I prefer the all black panels in the Limited and SE, the lighter color panels in my LE do make it easier to see in the dark.

·
Registered
23 Posts
can you share the link to the USB LED ? Also whats the bin like bag you had between the dash and center console is it like a trash bag ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I searched on ebay for "usb led", scrolled down and found this one below. I'd probably look for a USA seller though, unless you don't mind the wait.

usb led

Yes, the bin is a 'leather' style garbage bin I just line with plastic bags for easy cleanup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this looks really cool and now I want the same highlight in my car. A few years ago, I decided to try and buy a rgb led strip for car interior lighting and it looked just awesome. I bought them for only 40 pounds from ukled.co.uk and these guys have excellent quality and also very durable products. The fact is that I am selling my car and I want something new for the interior design of a new car and it seems to me that usb led is a great idea.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Glad you posted 'cause I never really thought about using that little factory USB port for a light. Please post a link.

Wonder if it would work in the factory port?

·
Registered
43 Posts
hmm....I may have to do this....or get dimmable strip(s) and put them under the dash. you never realize how much you need ambient lights until you don't have them, the boss's VW has them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the idea but I'm not willing to give up the factory USB Port for this. I've found the factory port able to rapid charge my smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S9, without an adapter. I have a 2013 Toyota Sienna AWD XLE. I found this odd because my Father's 2017 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4 TRD has the same style factory port and it will not my device drains while plugged into it and I get a weak charge detected message.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts