Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a 2021 Sienna YouTube review and the reviewer pointed out that the infotainment screen didn't seem to dim at night so it was blasting his eyes (while the gauge screen did correctly dim at night).

For owners of the new Sienna, can anyone confirm if this is still an issue? The reviewer was reviewing a pre-production vehicle, so hoping this was fixed in the production version.

Thanks!

Time stamped YouTube link where the reviewer talks about the screen.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
243 Posts
I don't know what is considered too bright, but it hasn't bothered me any so far in about 3 months.

FWIW, it has an option to turn off the screen if someone prefers it that way. I do it sometimes when my kids take over the radio to Kidzbop and I have no reasons to look at the screen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what is considered too bright, but it hasn't bothered me any so far in about 3 months.

FWIW, it has an option to turn off the screen if someone prefers it that way. I do it sometimes when my kids take over the radio to Kidzbop and I have no reasons to look at the screen.
I see, so it seems like it doesn't dim at night like the center gauge cluster?
hmm, I wonder if you can adjust brightness of the infotainment screen somehow..
Turning it off seems not ideal solution, but I guess its nice to hear the brightness hasn't been a problem for you at night.

Thanks for your info!

·
Registered
199 Posts

According to the Navigation and Entertainment Manual on page 33 you can adjust the brightness and contrast as well as selecting day mode, or turning it off. It automatically goes to night mode when the headlights are on. However, if you select day mode while the headlights are on it will memorize this and not go to night mode. This may have happened to the reviewer in the video.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the Navigation and Entertainment Manual on page 33 you can adjust the brightness and contrast as well as selecting day mode, or turning it off. It automatically goes to night mode when the headlights are on. However, if you select day mode while the headlights are on it will memorize this and not go to night mode. This may have happened to the reviewer in the video.
I see, great to know, thank you!

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
243 Posts
I see, so it seems like it doesn't dim at night like the center gauge cluster?
hmm, I wonder if you can adjust brightness of the infotainment screen somehow..
Turning it off seems not ideal solution, but I guess its nice to hear the brightness hasn't been a problem for you at night.

Thanks for your info!
@Jim19939 gave the real answer :)

From my perspective, Default settings hadn't bothered me any to go look for ways to mess with it.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8 Passengers 🚐
59 Posts
deffinitely a settings isssue.

3rd gen has the auto night mode too. When the ambient light sensor detect sufficient darkness-- the infotainment and dashboard will dim to preset levels.
Does it even during daytime going through a tunnel.. not exactly the smartest lol 🤷‍♂️

1 - 7 of 7 Posts