Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

inner fender, underwear shield, seats?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MGB 
#1 ·
Hello you 2nd Gen Sienna folks;
Just acquired a 2006 Sienna XLE with 100k from my parents and have been reading as much as I can here. The vehicle has been dealer maintained since purchased and I can see this van will require a bit more attention than my 2004 Acura TSX. Timing belt/water pump are original and I will need to get these replaced within next 20k. Dealer says the power steering has minor leak. The power tailgate door stopped working a few weeks ago and my parents took it to the dealership and after 3 hours of diagnosis the service department asked for 3 more hours of diagnosis time. Thanks to previous responses on this site, I took the negative connection off the battery for 30 minutes and it now works.

There are a few items to address quickly and perhaps some of you have previous experience with these.
  • There is a piece of plastic hanging down from the front of the vehicle, just past bumper and on the passenger side. I believe this is either called the front engine splash guard or undercar shield. As anyone dealt with this? Did you order OEM or much cheaper part from something like Parts Geeks? Any installation tips?
  • The rear, passenger side inner fender is detached. I will order a replacement part. Anyone know what other parts I should order to repair this? Whatever caused this might have also messed up the small plastic just behind the door. Not sure of the best way to prevent this from creating a place for rust.
  • Finally, there is a wrecked 2006 Limited about an hour from me. Anyone know if I can safely install the leather seats from a 2006 Limited into an XLE?

I look forward to contributing to Sienna Chat as I learn more.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
For the front I don't think you need a new piece unless it is badly torn. I believe a 10mm bolt with a philips head is missing. You can remove one from the other side to see what it looks like. Now, if the bolt hole in the plastic cover is torn open or widened then find as suitable wider washer to reinstall with the new bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.