Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I did this job I was very thankful for the people who had posted their pictures and ideas here on installing the Air Lift 1000! I wish Air Lift had vehicle-specific instructions! I didn't find much info here on the Air Lift Wireless One compressor install. So here is my idea in case it helps anyone else.

The air bags come with a black cap on the stem, which makes them very easy to install. Just squeeze out all the air and replace the cap with them compressed. I installed them with the stems up, and ran the hoses into a gromet almost directly above the top of the springs. Removing the rear back seats and loosening the side panel on the passenger side (drivers side side panel was already removed for compressor install) enabled me to lift up the carpet and easily access the air hoses from the inside of the vehicle.

This install was on the 2005 Sienna XLE with the JBL Synthesis and the large sub. I only drilled two holes, one for the Shrader valve, and one for the upper bolt mount on the compressor.

Pictures are at, and all have captions describing what you're seeing and what I did:
http://goo.gl/hSH0GI

The Wireless One compressor is more noisy than expected, but it is disturbing only for a few seconds at a time when changing PSI (it's quite fast). I really like the Wireless One--it's a really convenient way to adjust air pressure.

Comments always welcome!

Tony

·
Registered
79 Posts
As I did this job I was very thankful for the people who had posted their pictures and ideas here on installing the Air Lift 1000! I wish Air Lift had vehicle-specific instructions! I didn't find much info here on the Air Lift Wireless One compressor install. So here is my idea in case it helps anyone else.

The air bags come with a black cap on the stem, which makes them very easy to install. Just squeeze out all the air and replace the cap with them compressed. I installed them with the stems up, and ran the hoses into a gromet almost directly above the top of the springs. Removing the rear back seats and loosening the side panel on the passenger side (drivers side side panel was already removed for compressor install) enabled me to lift up the carpet and easily access the air hoses from the inside of the vehicle.

This install was on the 2005 Sienna XLE with the JBL Synthesis and the large sub. I only drilled two holes, one for the Shrader valve, and one for the upper bolt mount on the compressor.

Pictures are at, and all have captions describing what you're seeing and what I did:
http://goo.gl/hSH0GI

The Wireless One compressor is more noisy than expected, but it is disturbing only for a few seconds at a time when changing PSI (it's quite fast). I really like the Wireless One--it's a really convenient way to adjust air pressure.

Comments always welcome!

Tony

any issues with mounting the Shrader valve under the gas filler cap ? My AirLift to be delivered this week....will post info....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any issues with mounting the Shrader valve under the gas filler cap ? My AirLift to be delivered this week....will post info....
Drilling a hole in the side of your nice car is really scary! But that part was pretty much as expected and painless.

And if I ever had to abandon the Air Lift system, a grommet could be popped in there in place of the Schrader valve and no one would probably ever notice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts