Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
144 Posts
Not quite yet, but I have been running the parking mode for a few hours on the stock AGM battery without problems. If you have some dupont style patch cables for breadboards they will work in a pinch, just jam the pins into the holes of the vehicle connector and apply a little tape. Or they might even fit in your shell.

· Registered
20 Posts
highly recommend to buy a viofo from blackboxmycar instead. No Tax if you live in the US.

I Trust toyota for reliability, not for technology. Toyota oem dashcams have been shown to burn your sd card due to heat, you need a dashcam resistant to heat.
Thanks I checked this out very well, and you are right this is the best I can find. I wanted to get the Toyota cam but they have been recalled. I am sure you are right this a better camera! Thanks for steering me to this one!

· Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
144 Posts
Thanks I checked this out very well, and you are right this is the best I can find. I wanted to get the Toyota cam but they have been recalled. I am sure you are right this a better camera! Thanks for steering me to this one!
I think this is the one I would suggest buying as well. I haven't been using the thinkware cloud features at all, and from what I read online the image quality appears to be about the same.

· Registered
22 platinum with all Toyota accessories
27 Posts
Does anyone know if the OEM dashcam has parking/sentry mode? I'm looking at this aftermarket version and it allows parking/sentry mode as long as there is continuous power. Also this is 4k and has option rear.

Sienna FitcamX

View attachment 53370
i have that cam and love it, so easy to install and use. it has park / sentry mode without having to run any special wiring. i had the oem and broke the chip off in the unit so thats why i bought this one, could not be happier!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts