Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the inerior bulbs with LED's. I ran into a problem with the light over the 2nd row seat on the left side. I got the old bulb out okay, but when attempting to plug the new LED lamp in it seems the recpticle is pushed farther back in and I can't plug the LED lamp in. I have plastic prying tools and have attempted to remove the whole assembly with out success. I don't want to damage any thing so have given up for now. Is anyone aware of the process of removing the whole assembly or where the tab release points are located? I want to change the lamps under the outside rear view mirrors also. Is anyone aware of the area where to insert a device to pop the lens cover off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This happened to me. Only 1 holder did this! I was able to grab it with a needle nose and pull it back into place. The tabs will snap back in; might take some gentle wiggling. I held the holder with a pliers when I pushed the bulb back in, too. Oh, and you might want to turn off power at the switch, so you don’t accidentally cause more mischief.

2020 Ltd Premium, Alumina Jade Metallic

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This happened to me. Only 1 holder did this! I was able to grab it with a needle nose and pull it back into place. The tabs will snap back in; might take some gentle wiggling. I held the holder with a pliers when I pushed the bulb back in, too. Oh, and you might want to turn off power at the switch, so you don’t accidentally cause more mischief.

2020 Ltd Premium, Alumina Jade Metallic
Thanks Jake 217, I'll give that a try. I'll remember to turn the switch off also. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts