Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went on a family road trip in Mrs. Kaboom's 2013 the other day, and the AC did something I have never experienced before: fan is working well (replaced last month) but nothing is coming through the vents. What luttle does come through is cold, but it has no force behind it. Then, if I turn it off and leave it for a while, it works fine, only to cut out again later.

Anyone experience this? I can only think it's a blend door or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have cold air coming out correct? Is the blower motor under the glove box working? If not it’s a 15 min. easy fix once your body gets into the contorted position to remove and replace. If you need to replace blower motor, don’t cheap out go OEM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have cold air coming out correct? Is the blower motor under the glove box working? If not it’s a 15 min. easy fix once your body gets into the contorted position to remove and replace. If you need to replace blower motor, don’t cheap out go OEM.
Blower is brand new. It works audibly even when we aren't getting air flow through the vents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blower is brand new. It works audibly even when we aren't getting air flow through the vents.
I re-read the post and thought the fan were the electric cooling fans under the hood and not the blower fan under the dash.

I am experiencing kind of same issue. I just had the compressor replaced a little over a month ago, while driving very cold but when stopped not so cold, verified w/ thermometer in the vent. Still troubleshooting but looks to be a cooling fan issue or temp module that controls fans. Will know later today when I pop the hood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer said we had a sticking blend door. They were able to wiggle it and get it working,so it basically only cost a bit to fix. At any rate, it's working now. Thanks to all who responded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts