Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XLE AWD
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it is becoming more and more apparent that I need to clear a weekend schedule and drop the $20 for a two-day membership so I can download all the manuals.

I have been searching for information on the location of the inverter in my recently-acquired van. The closest I have seen is a diagram that someone posted from a manual that (sort of) shows it over the right-rear wheel well. I pulled the cup holder last night and did not see the inverter. If it's behind some other panel, it's not very obvious, and I'm not quite ready to start pulling panels for investigation. That will happen soon enough when I get ready to install the trailer wiring.

Does anybody know FOR SURE where the inverter is, and how to get to it? Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Predawn Mica Gray Limited
86 Posts
If you have the normal van (non-premium package) there is only one plug, on the rear of the center console.
If you have the premium package there are two plugs, one on the rear of the center console and one in the rear on the right side (passenger side) of the van.

·
Registered
2018 XLE AWD
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, since it's the non-Premium package, there is just one outlet (for now), but the question remains:
WHERE IS THE BLASTED BOX ON THE OTHER END OF THE WIRE BEHIND THE OUTLET???

(Sorry, not shouting, just emphasizing.)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looked at mine yesterday, I could see the wire going forward but nothing else. My guess it's behind the side panel near the rear wheel. If you are looking to replace it with a higher capacity inverter the existing wire and switch may have to be replaced also due to the higher current required. Our 100 watt inverters use about 10 amps from the 12 volt system. A higher capacity inverter will take a lot more power and require larger wiring.

·
Registered
2018 XLE AWD
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am replacing it with a 750-watt unit. I was originally going to use the original wire only to trigger a relay that would supply power from an 8-gauge wire I am running to charge the trailer battery, but I'm not sure I want the inverter running every time the van is started, so will likely add a switch on the dash to trigger the relay. Will also be adding an outlet near the 12-volt outlet in the rear corner. Actually, I already have that installed, just trying to get all the information for the wiring.

I had a 500-watt inverter in my '05 LE AWD. Higher versions of that van had an inverter (100 watt) as part of the rear seat entertainement option, so there was a switch on the right side of the dash to turn the inverter on. I was borderline ecstatic when I found that all I had to do was install a switch to replace a blank in the dash, then modify just a little bit of wiring. Sorta hoping that it might not be much more involved than that, but I need to locate the darn devices first. :oops:

·
Registered
2018 XLE AWD
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not from me. :(

I have been too busy with other projects to attack the inverter install.

·
Registered
‘15 XLE AWD
20 Posts
Has anyone learned the location of the center console inverter? I’m looking to retrofit that feature into my XLE.
Guessing the cheapest/easiest option is buy a used console panel and install a little 150w aftermarket unit wherever Toyota tucks theirs.

·
Registered
2018 XLE AWD
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw a post with a similar diagram that leads me to believe that the stock inverter is near the right-rear wheel well, probably toward the front of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts