Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone discovered a case for the iPhone 13 Pro that is actually compatible with the Sienna's Qi charger? I think it's the camera bump making it not sit nicely on the charger that is our problem. If we take the phone out its current thin-ish silicone case, it will charge, but slide around constantly. In the case, we get the flashing error light about 30-60 seconds after we set the phone on it.

· Registered
137 Posts
We use two 11 pros along with a carplay wireless adapter and it's a sliding issue for us. Two different cases; one is a very grippy, apple certified extra battery case; the other generic. Same results as you; a generic one size charger does not work well for all.

I am experimenting and have cut out a crude foam template (think picture frame) to fit the phone inside the frame, and set it in place on the charger pad. Early results are positive (pun not intended). ;) We only use the wireless charger on trips when we need maps/nav; otherwise, we don't have a need to wirelessly charge on a daily basis.

· Registered
336 Posts
I have an iPhone 12, not 13, and I use this case (from Amazon):

Smartish iPhone 12/12 Pro Slim Case - Gripmunk [Lightweight + Protective] Thin Cover (Silk) - Nothin' to Hide

It works fairly well on the wireless charger and definitely doesn't slide around. I notice it sometimes quits charging and I have to move it a bit to get it to start again.

I like the case a lot, too.

· Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
176 Posts
We have both 11 ProPlus and 12 ProPlus - no luck with the wireless charger with or without case. The dealership put in a new one (3 hours), and still no luck.

Really hope you have better luck!

· Registered
2021 Sienna Limited
35 Posts
I have a 13 mini and also used an Xr in the past, and neither one stay charging for more than 1-2 minutes with or without the case. Anyone else have better luck? Should I have this looked at?

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have more or less given up. I just ran an Apple MagSafe charger cable through the gap in the center console and used velcro to keep it in place. Works flawlessly.

Motor vehicle Steering part Hood Gear shift Automotive design

· Registered
2022 XLE 8
257 Posts
Has anyone tried a MagSafe ring magnet on the Qi charger to keep the iPhone in place above the coil and prevent it from sliding around? I have an older iPhone without wireless charging, can't test this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts