Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Prius I'm trying to sell with 123k miles. I'd like to think I should be able to get anywhere from $8k-$11k for it. I need to turn that into a Sienna mini-van.

I'm seeing a few Siennas with low mileage, but they are old. Would a 2008 Sienna XLE with 110,000 miles still be great in 2021 with a clean service history?

Should I be shooting for something higher than that with my budget? I've flirted around with financing a $15k newer Sienna from a dealership, but I just can't afford that right now.

What are some year models I should avoid in my situation? Any general tips on what to look out for? It seems the Sienna is my best choice at my budget. I just don't know what the best mileage+year model is that I can expect and know it's a good value for my budget of, let's say, $10k. But, if I can do a $8k Sienna that's really the same as a $10k Sienna, I'm fine with that, too. Cause I know they are built to last.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
go for it......you have a lot of juice still left in that sienna.....just check carfax and make sure the milage i=has not been rolled back or any shit like that.....looks a good deal to me...

javvy

·
Registered
'11 Limited FWD
173 Posts
What are your priorities? Just simple reliability and longevity? Features changed over the years, so if you are into certain features that sort of dictates what year you need to go for. Improved air bags, more powered doors for a given trim, blind spot monitoring, etc.

If you're looking for simple, the 2008 sounds nice.

·
Registered
2009 le awd
222 Posts
Some would consider themselves lucky to find a 2008 with that low of mileage.
As long as the price isn't outrageous and all other things (carfax etc.) Are in line
I would say go for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great van, IMO better-built than MY11-MY20, quieter, and floor is truly flat w/ 2nd row seats removed, unlike MY11-MY20.
I still have a 2007 Limited w/ 235K miles, bought it at 120K. Body starting to rust. Engine is bulletproof. Love that there's no timing belt to change.
The AWD models have SUV-like ground clearance but expect around 16mpg.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna LE
207 Posts
Before my 2010 got totaled it had 261k miles, It was pretty reliable and didn't even burn 1 drop of oil, though something was causing a whine noise when applying the accelerator never found the issue.

The issue I have with AWD in these vans is the amount of work to drop the transfer case, if you don't really need AWD don't get it.
others wise I would also say go for it if has been maintained trans, engine, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about a 2012 Town & Country Touring L with 110k miles for $10k vs. this 2008 Sienna XLE with 110k miles for $9k?

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
2008 sienna all day long......wouldn't even touch that T&C even if it was for freee....lolol

Javvy....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:

I just bought a 2007 Sienna XLE with 110k miles and a clean, one owner record for $10k!

Now I need to figure out how to get Bluetooth in here lol

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Good call....enjoy.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Update:

I just bought a 2007 Sienna XLE with 110k miles and a clean, one owner record for $10k!

Now I need to figure out how to get Bluetooth in here lol
I bought an Alpine stereo for mine, has navigation, Bluetooth and a special deal for Sirius XM built into it.. I talk hands free, I have a rear back up camera license plate that runs to the stereo. I bought the kit so I can keep the steering wheel controls. Best 650.00 I ever spent! Plus I paid 200 to have it installed, and that included the rear back up license plate camera, and running the XM antenna and installing the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
105 Posts
I had a 2009 Sienna and purchased a 2021 Sienna. I like my 2021 but loved my 2009. It had 290k miles and was rock solid. Only unexpected out of pocket expense cost me $500 in all of its years.

go for it......you have a lot of juice still left in that sienna.....just check carfax and make sure the milage i=has not been rolled back or any shit like that.....looks a good deal to me...

javvy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts