Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes it is technically available for 2023. Good luck finding one though. I recall that Toyota was delaying the 2023 Woodland production, so you may not seen any for sale any time soon. Even the 2022 models were super rare. The dealer that I have an order with, has never actually received one, ever.
As neat as the Woodland "seems", the reality is that the only thing unique to it, is the .6" suspension lift. That's it. Ok, and the black badging on the rear. Everything else is just options/accessories that are available on all other trims. And with the Woodland, you are stuck buying the crappy OEM hitch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Production is delayed until after the 25th anniversary edition is done with production. Still, as said above, they weren't really ever even remotely widely available. I put a deposit on one in June of 2021, and my dealer still hasn't seen one. At this point I've given up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What I am hearing here may put the nail in the coffin for my woodland dreams. Really, the only reason I wanted the woodland was for the standard plus package and the dark grey/black interior. The XSE has the same interior, but I didn’t like the harsher ride. The other woodland specific items I could take or leave.

I’ve been on several “lists” with dealers since this past February. Our third child is due at the end of January My wife is getting antsy and wants out of her RAV4 and into the Sienna before the baby comes. She isn’t picky as far as the trim goes. I guess I better cut the woodland loose and have my dealer switch my preference.
Production is delayed until after the 25th anniversary edition is done with production. Still, as said above, they weren't really ever even remotely widely available. I put a deposit on one in June of 2021, and my dealer still hasn't seen one. At this point I've given up.
@prichardson54 , do you mind sharing where you got your information on the production timing? Or at least your confidence level on the information. And based on your information, when would you estimate the woodland model to start production?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What I am hearing here may put the nail in the coffin for my woodland dreams. Really, the only reason I wanted the woodland was for the standard plus package and the dark grey/black interior. The XSE has the same interior, but I didn’t like the harsher ride. The other woodland specific items I could take or leave.

I’ve been on several “lists” with dealers since this past February. Our third child is due at the end of January My wife is getting antsy and wants out of her RAV4 and into the Sienna before the baby comes. She isn’t picky as far as the trim goes. I guess I better cut the woodland loose and have my dealer switch my preference.

@prichardson54 , do you mind sharing where you got your information on the production timing? Or at least your confidence level on the information. And based on your information, when would you estimate the woodland model to start production?
There is a pic of the production schedule somewhere on this forum. I can't find it right now. The woodland is back on the configurator, which would support the production schedule saying they would switch back from the anniversary edition in November. I would imagine we will see the same low volume of deliveries starting back up in January or February. I'm just tired of waiting for a van my dealer may or may not get, and I know for sure if they did finally get one, it won't have a spare tire, which is a deal breaker for me. I think it should be illegal to sell a family vehicle without a spare, and I have the pics of the green slime all over my hands and the street from the time when I got a flat in my 2007 awd with 5 kids in the van in the middle of a very heavy traffic at the beach. Never again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@prichardson54 thanks! I’ve officially switched my preference with our dealer. Appreciate the info! I thought the spare was still an option on the woodland?
Not sure about the spare, but it was an option on the 2022 configurator. Availability numbers for 2023 are unknown, but there is toyota press release saying that yes it will be produced in 2023.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry for any confusion, the spare is definitely still an option, but there are very few being delivered with one. In my region, there are only 2 across all trims out of 40 or so '23 Siennas.

I just got my VIN for the GR Corolla that I put a deposit on, so they are actually easier to get than a Woodlands Sienna 🤦‍♀️:unsure:

·
Registered
46 Posts
The spare tire was in seriously short supply as confirmed by a dealership here in Northern Virginia, around the June 2022 mark. Toyota was sending most of the Siennas without a spare including those that specifically requested a spare. Around the last week of August 2022, dealership spoke to Toyota and confirmed that the spare tire availability had gotten better. As for now, I am not sure if it is still in short supply or not.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The spare tire was in seriously short supply as confirmed by a dealership here in Northern Virginia, around the June 2022 mark. Toyota was sending most of the Siennas without a spare including those that specifically requested a spare. Around the last week of August 2022, dealership spoke to Toyota and confirmed that the spare tire availability had gotten better. As for now, I am not sure if it is still in short supply or not.
I am sure your info is accurate, but that is kind of funny. When you are otherwise able to build a whole van, I wonder what is in short supply actually regarding a spare tire? The actual rubber tire, the alloy wheel, the mounting stuff ? I don't think the spare requires any microchips !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts