Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a used sienna (2005 - 2011 range). I love Toyota's and don't really want anything else.
I've been going thru the forums and discussions, and can't find answers to these specific questions...
1. Are there any models of sienna's that have true fold flat seating for both 2nd and 3rd row, where the seats fold into the floor? It looks like many have that option for 3rd row, but not the 2nd row? It seems most have a second row with the fold and tumble, or simply remove, option. Father-in-law has an 08 dodge, and all seats fold into the floor. It's super handy, but I hate dodge.
2. If this is an option, can you get an AWD with all row fold flat option? I imagine the AWD might take extra room in the under carriage, and wasn't sure if this option would even work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
905 Posts
1. No
2. N/A

1998-2003 all seats are removable. No seats fold into the floor

All 2004+ have third row seats that fold into the floor

2004-2010 have fold and tumble and removable second row seats

2011-2020 have slide and squeeze (not an official term ) and removable second row seats. These do not leave a flat floor when removed (trolleys are left behind)

2021+ have slide and squeeze middle row seats that are non-removable

-Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. No
2. N/A

1998-2003 all seats are removable. No seats fold into the floor

All 2004+ have third row seats that fold into the floor

2004-2010 have fold and tumble and removable second row seats

2011-2020 have slide and squeeze (not an official term ) and removable second row seats. These do not leave a flat floor when removed (trolleys are left behind)

2021+ have slide and squeeze middle row seats that are non-removable

-Mike
Thanks Mike. That's kind of frustrating, I really love the Sienna and only want a Toyota, but that's kind of a deal breaker for me. Shoot.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks Mike. That's kind of frustrating, I really love the Sienna and only want a Toyota, but that's kind of a deal breaker for me. Shoot.
Yep, I’m right there with you. I wish I could get middle row stow-n-go with AWD (possible) and Toyota quality (not possible). Just gotta decide which is most important to you.

-Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I’m right there with you. I wish I could get middle row stow-n-go with AWD (possible) and Toyota quality (not possible). Just gotta decide which is most important to you.

-Mike
I mean, if the only options for full seating sto n go is dodge/chrysler... then I'll stop looking and forget about it, I don't want Dodge/Chrysler. If a Honda had those options, I'm maybe move to that over from a Toyota. But if they're all the same, I'll just not worry about it.

Do you know if there is still room to sleep for 2 average (5'8'' - 5'10'') people in the back with the second folded forwards and 3rd row down completely? That could possibly work as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I mean, if the only options for full seating sto n go is dodge/chrysler... then I'll stop looking and forget about it, I don't want Dodge/Chrysler. If a Honda had those options, I'm maybe move to that over from a Toyota. But if they're all the same, I'll just not worry about it.

Do you know if there is still room to sleep for 2 average (5'8'' - 5'10'') people in the back with the second folded forwards and 3rd row down completely? That could possibly work as well.
Some people have successfully removed the 2nd row seats, but it might mess with your airbags. So it's something you'd do at your own risk. There are some videos on YouTube.

I wish Toyota Sienna had 2nd row stow and go as well.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yea, the ONLY option for fold flat into the floor middle row seats is Dodge/Chrysler.

Not sure about other model years, but in a gen2 Sienna (2004-2010), you should be able to fit two people behind the folded and tumbled second row seats. I am 5’ 9” and have done that a few times. It’s not great because you are right up against the bottom of the middle row seats and have zero floor space outside of the bed but it is possible.

My original bed frame would work with the middle row seats in that position and measured about 6’ from the seats to the rear hatch. I also used a version that was a little taller and actually used the folded (but not tumbled) middle row seats to support the foot of the bed. That one was a little closer to the ceiling than I would have liked but not enough to be claustrophobic (to me).

You can see a few pics of my platform with one middle row seat in place here (2007 Sienna):

-Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts