Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is my first post here. My 2004 Sienna LE has been awesome since day 1, but it has started to show it's age, which is what brought me here. I expect to be engaging in future discussions with this great group in the future! I'm not currently all that mechanically savvy, but I'm learning as I go and as problems present themselves to get worked out.

I've attached a couple pictures pointing out my issue. I started hearing quite the nuisance of a noise when our A/C or defroster was engaged, thereby running the fan. When I looked under the hood, I found a metal part that had rusted off its post and was rubbing on the fan blade.

I think the part is the heat shield for the exhaust manifold. I think it's part # 25588-20020.

Assuming that's correct (feel free to tell me if not), it looks like there's just 2 bolts holding this on - top & bottom. Is that right, or do I need to know anything else before changing this out?

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep it does look like the exhaust heat shield for the down pipe, much easier to replace it once its on a hoist

·
Registered
197 Posts
A long hose clamp (or two), can be used to hold the broken off piece in place. The long stainless clamps can be found in the plumbing section of hardware stores.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I too have the same rust issue and I'm looking to replace this heat shield on my 04. Thanks for the part number.

I have also noticed the bracket on the bottom fractured / cracked from rust. Anyone experienced this same crack as shown in the image below in red?
8530205.png

If so, what is the correct part number for a 04 2WD CE?
Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 2.01.26 PM.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts