Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Issues with brand new 2022 Sienna XLE Woodland

10K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  ProfessorKarcher 
#1 ·
I have less than 500 miles on my 2022 Sienna XLE Woodland. I am loving the vehicle but I've had 3 concerns, one of them big (having to go to service):

1) the most concerning: yesterday when trying to run the A/C, no cold air came out. I will have to take it in for service. Yes, the Eco mode was off (it can override some A/C controls to save gas). It was in normal-hybrid (not Eco or sport) although when parked it always starts as EV (but then again, I should still be able to force the A/C on while parked). Anyway: I tried all modes, temperature settings and combinations. Air kept on blowing out warm as if I had a refrig leak. It was just slightly cooler in the back vents (all 4 zones in Lo) but not what you would call cold. The temp outside was 75F (and later 65F at night). I checked all A/C related fuses and they were all ok. A note here: the vehicle manual does not have a list of fuses (!). Luckily I have a repair CD which has the description but I'm disappointed there is more on bluetooth and infotainment in the manual than on the actual fuses, which is basic for car troubleshooting. has anyone else run into this A/C issue ??

2) To add to this: the vehicle came straight out of the sales lot with the right dash vent not shutting closed. Luckily the trim panel to the far right was easy to find and remove and I pinpointed the issue: the ball-joint arm that connects the wheel to the vent flapper was loose/untethered (really? on a new, $50k vehicle? with 4 miles out of the lot?).

3) and this might just be my inexperience with hybrids but when checking the 12V battery in the back, at one point the battery was off-gassing badly (like I could hear it with a clicking sound and could actually see a little flume of smoke or vapors in the sunlight--didn't seem normal). There is also a clear liquid around the battery which seems like some condensation, or a sealant or something (I tested pH and at least it was neutral--not acid). Seemed weird too. Like slightly oily, as if it were silicone or something. The manual does specify it can off-vent hydrogen gas but this seemed a little more noisy than I expected. And I'm still not sure if the clear liquid on the rim of the battery lid is normal * Any clues on if this is normal? *

Some of this is not living up to the japanese quality standards I had come to expect from my previous 2011 Sienna which I sold earlier this year with almost zero issues in its 125K miles.

See less See more
#2 ·
1: when people tell you take it out of eco we are not talking about the switch by the shifter. If you go to menu on your radio, info or Settings. Eco. Climate control the eco mode is on there.

2: things happen on delivery my Nabor has a g65 amg that has issues. Brand new $250k suv

3: I would get check out

#3 ·
1: when people tell you take it out of eco we are not talking about the switch by the shifter. If you go to menu on your radio, info or Settings. Eco. Climate control the eco mode is on there.
Correct, just note that IF the overall van setting by the shifter is set to Eco, THEN the van will reset the Climate Eco setting back to ON and override previous Climate Eco settings every time you restart the vehicle.

#5 ·
Thanks for clarifying. I think I didn’t articulate that well enough but yes: I made sure the Eco driving mode and the AC eco mode were off.

Anyway: fast forward to today. Car is at the Toyota service and I was notified there is a leak in the rear coil, above the 12V battery. In a 500mi vehicle. (!).

Clearly I got the lemon.

The leak in the rear radiator explains why the A/C was not working, as well as the clicking/hissing noise and fumes in the battery compartment, and the greasy residue building around the battery (all prt of the refrigerant leak). Will have to remain in service for about a week.

Very disappointed with Toyota on this one. But glad the issue was identified. Of course, all us under warranty so that’s another positive.

Cheers!

#9 ·
I also have a Woodland and have had for a little over a week. No major issues yet but did notice that the window washing fluid warning came on just a few days after driving it. I added half almost 1/3 gallon to get it to full. I also checked other fluids in case they did not top it off properly at the factory. The coolant was halfway between full and low. It's odd that a brand new vehicle would not be topped off. It only had 4 miles when I bought it. Now has 200 miles.

#11 ·
The dealer is supposed to do things like the windshield washer. Mine came almost empty although there was no light. It took a full gallon to fill.
Coolant expands when it is hot. A level between low and full is normal. As long as it is above the low level when cold, you should be good.

#12 ·
So bummed with this Woodland. Beeps from camera and seatbelts. Water in through moonroof. Lots of wind noise. But mostly, for the Woodland, is the crappy suspension. I ditched out 2005 Odyssey because it had a poor suspension after 17 years, but the Woodland is worse. Tried to take bikes and kids on trip, and nearly bottomed out. Left bikes at home, and still barely held me and my 3 kids. Really? Now I am looking for some suspension assistance, new springs, leafs, or a lift kit. (*and this towing attachment is the worse--look at the level of it!).
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

Even without bikes, its really low
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

#13 ·
Im installing a journeysoffroad 2” lift (rear only) on my ‘22 woodland edition on Monday. For the exact reason you’re posting.
Im only 5’ 7” and getting in/out of the driver seat is high. My wife is 5’2”…… besides the ride height up front is good enough for me. I’m just not interested in the rear bottoming or sagging like yours does.
I’ll post pictures next week.

#16 · (Edited)
Ok. Got the journeys off road 2” rear lift installed today.
I LIKE IT VERY MUCH …… perfect I’d say

here’s the picture
Didn’t take measurements after install yet…. But ground to bottom of fender arch was 31.5”. So I can only assume it’s 33.5” now. I feel really comfortable loading up the van now….

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.