Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

JBL Speakers Upgrade Suggestions

7K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  Man2Van 
Hey folks - I have a Sienna Platinum which comes with JBL speakers, it sounds okay... but wanted something better. Do you have any suggestions regarding options to upgrade from JBL to better systems? For those that upgraded their speakers - what did you go with?

Thanks!
It's been a while since I've been active in this hobby but definitely don't buy Best Buy quality speakers and expect an improvement. Anything good is going be at least $200 for a pair. I hear Focals are nice. They are made in France. I learned the hard way by buying $100 Kickers and the sound is pretty horrible imo. Kenwood Excelons are nice.

I also installed one of the Chinese eBay android radios in a 2008 Tundra and I believe it made the stock speakers sound so much better. I know it sounds crazy. They actually have one for the Gen 4 Sienna. It's kind of a major thing. Not sure if I would do that though. Everything is integrated.

I don't have a suggestion for speakers per say. Though I would add that hear them out a little longer. I recently learned here that speakers have break-in periods too. The other thing to try is to disable surround mode. I am no audiophile, but I do enjoy ours.

Btw, there is a detailed thread about speakers and amp updates. Look up @cowdog360 's threads.
Yes I have the non-JBL sound system and I'm actually impressed. It's going to cost you some $$ if you want to improve it. Diminishing returns.