Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been on several dealer waiting lists searching for a Sienna Platinum for a couple of months. One finally arrived and we sealed the deal this morning on a silver one.

While we were waiting I’ve enjoyed learning from all of you about Sienna details. Some of you talked about the plastic chrome wheel covers. I hadn’t ever seen a platinum in person so I was hoping the top trim level actually had decorative metal wheels. No such luck! Looks like I may have to start wheel shopping.

Feel free to chime in with any “must have” accessories you recommend.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
898 Posts
Congretulations!
(Looks just like ours, but nice clean ;). )

Must have I would recommend are 3W floor mats, center consol tray ( with a caveat that it eats stuff, literally!), and magnetic phone mount that hides behind center console. Hitch Receiver too for bicycle stand if your family is into it. If your travel takes you far off cell range, a full-size spare isn't a bad idea. We have threads on all of these.

If you have RES and that you are also an Apple family, a cheapy Samsung Android is also highly recommended for casting to RES. Apple HDMI adopter is a hit or miss depending on the streaming service.

If you have 110V outlets, may be some extension cords? ( I wish I had 50ft cord right now. We have lost power since early AM. A 50feet cord could keep the refrigerator or a small space Heater going. )

I hope your family has just as much as ours or even more fun with your new ride!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! Two cars ago we had a Pacifica and I used a Roku tethered to my phone for streaming. Not sure if anyone here has tried that.

My car came with a temporary spare tire. Can I just get a cheap rim and normal tire to go underneath as a replacement or would it have to go in the back?

My F150 has a 7200 watt generator built in so I’m all set there!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congretulations!
(Looks just like ours, but nice clean ;). )

Must have I would recommend are 3W floor mats, center consol tray ( with a caveat that it eats stuff, literally!), and magnetic phone mount that hides behind center console.
Which phone mount are you referring to? Can you post a link, thanks.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions! Two cars ago we had a Pacifica and I used a Roku tethered to my phone for streaming. Not sure if anyone here has tried that.

My car came with a temporary spare tire. Can I just get a cheap rim and normal tire to go underneath as a replacement or would it have to go in the back?

My F150 has a 7200 watt generator built in so I’m all set there!
Roku works just as nice. Many people here have mentioned it working well for them.

Full-Size spare is a personal choice. It will have to be carried separately in the back. It won't fit in the donut space. FWIW, just last week, my friend driving his own car got a flat on our way back from the Outer Banks. His was a Donut so we had to find a tire-shop in a hurry. We were too far from home to drive the donut all the way. Also, our 4 cars entourage had to drive 50MPH on the Interstate and people were coming at us from behind at about 80MPH or so! Luckily, he got to a tire-shop just in time before it closed at 6pm on Sunday. After experiencing that, my wife finally agreed with me that carrying that big of an eyesore in the back is worth it ;).

·
Registered
898 Posts
Which phone mount are you referring to? Can you post a link, thanks.
Please go thru this thread. Product in the first post has gone AWOL, but alternatives are suggested further down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought this phone mount as it is solid and clean looking. It is a bit more expensive but it does not move at all.

Toyota Sienna Center Dash Mount | ProClip USA

Note that this is just for the mount, you will need to purchase the phone holder which is phone specific.
That's the phone mount I am going to do along with an iOttie holder. Now just waiting for a couple of adapter pieces to arrive. I'll post pics when it's installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts