Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sienna XSE AWD with tech
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks, yeh I'm sure the crumbs shall build up indeed. The van had 25 km on it when we got it. I'm hoping it's just the incline and it goes back to 750+ when we go for a drive later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How do you feel space in front driver and passenger seats? Does it feel cramped with big console in the center. Arm rests seems to not aligning for me with LE. Do you have better steering feel with XSE. LE i test drove, steering it too light. Sales person didn't let me drive on highway. I want to check if steering tightens at high speeds.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How do you feel space in front driver and passenger seats? Does it feel cramped with big console in the center. Arm rests seems to not aligning for me with LE. Do you have better steering feel with XSE. LE i test drove, steering it too light. Sales person didn't let me drive on highway. I want to check if steering tightens at high speeds.
Space is great for me, I'm 5'11 and 240lbs and no issues with space, quite comfortable. Wife says the same but she's much smaller. The handling is great, coming from a small sedan the Sienna handles just like a small car, it's very surprising given the size of this thing.

We drive the Inlaws 2016 Highlander xle quite a bit and the Sienna handles better Imo on highway and city roads.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Space is great for me, I'm 5'11 and 240lbs and no issues with space, quite comfortable. Wife says the same but she's much smaller. The handling is great, coming from a small sedan the Sienna handles just like a small car, it's very surprising given the size of this thing.

We drive the Inlaws 2016 Highlander xle quite a bit and the Sienna handles better Imo on highway and city roads.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you notice any significant difference in steering feel and handling between XSE and LE?
I am looking for 8 Seating with leather. That leaves us with XLE and FWD option.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
147 Posts
Reactions: JonF

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD Technology Pkg
98 Posts
I'm not sure if it's because I used to drive a Santa Fe with perforated faux leather seats but I find that the seats on my Sienna cause my legs to sweat more and stick to my pants. Makes it a bit uncomfortable on long trips.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm not sure if it's because I used to drive a Santa Fe with perforated faux leather seats but I find that the seats on my Sienna cause my legs to sweat more and stick to my pants. Makes it a bit uncomfortable on long trips.
Haven't experienced that yet but I've only been doing short drives (hour or less) so far.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Did you notice any significant difference in steering feel and handling between XSE and LE?
I am looking for 8 Seating with leather. That leaves us with XLE and FWD option.
It was 6 months between my le test drive and the XSE so hard to remember to be honest but I'm fairly sure the XSE is better handling but it's not a massive upgrade, both are great.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
How is the road noise with the stock wheels/tires? Does the vehicle sound like it is well insulated?
Actually it's much better then I thought it would be. I have family with a rav4 hybrid I've driven and the Sienna is much more quiet, especially on highways.

Not sure what's up with rav4 hybrid but so much wind noise, yikes.

The Sienna is super quiet to me coming from a Sedan. I drive the inlaws 2016 highlander xle quite a bit as well and the Sienna is quieter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 53397
View attachment 53398
View attachment 53396

Took 6 months but my 2022 XSE with tech arrived yesterday, excited to finally have it! It only had 20km on it fresh from the factory.

Some Initial thoughts, I was worried how the drive would feel as I was only able to test drive an LE trim. The XSE doesn't feel any different then the LE to me in regards to ride quality and the handling is great. I feel like it can maneuver just as well as my little Elantra. It currently has the oem 18s on it but I'll be switching to the 17 winters soon, I'll update with new photos and drive quality after I make the switch.

The interior seems great so far, I haven't had time yet to try out the entertainment centre or even setup android auto but I'll get that going soon. I did try out the app, very cool features in it. Coming from a 2013 Elantra the tech features are a nice upgrade. The breaking is definitely going to take a little to get used to but I love how quiet the vehicle is.

Thinking I'll put a Nvidia shield with a ton of downloaded shows and movies on it in the van for kids.

The third row doesn't stay flat as expected but I did get the cargo liner to go on top which seems to cover it up well.

I took a few shots of the exterior, I'd be happy to take photos of interior if anyone wants.
Sunroof? Does it leak?
My hvac seems to change settings on it's own. Did you know that those pretty wheels are hubcaps, wheel covers?

They all drive the same I believe. The AWD may have a little more torch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sunroof? Does it leak?
My hvac seems to change settings on it's own. Did you know that those pretty wheels are hubcaps, wheel covers?

They all drive the same I believe. The AWD may have a little more torch.
No leaks so far! and I park on an incline which I had heard can be an issue with the sunroof and its been fine. Im in Nova Scotia and we were slammed with a massive rain storm last week and its all good.

Yes I knew about the plastic covers on the alloys, I don't mind the look myself but I do worry about damaging them. I'm switching to the winter wheels I bought on Tuesday.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts