Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 LE FWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a simple way to keep the sliding and front doors open without draining the battery? Currently the door open indicator and the bottom door lights turn on when the doors are open.

I’ve converted my Sienna into a camperVan and use the carabiner trick for the rear hatch but I would also like to keep the other doors open without having to worry about the battery.

Besides the indicator on the dashboard and the bottom lights turning on, is the battery being used in any other way when the doors are open?

·
Registered
2008 XLE
31 Posts
I haven't looked to be sure, but does selecting "off" on the off/door/on dash switch for interior lights not kill the door bottom lights too?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I wired a switch into my sliding door plungers so when I flip the switch to camper mode, the van thinks the middle row doors are closed no matter what their actual position is. The power doors open and close just fine. With the master light switch in door mode and the doors in camper mode, the individual overhead lights can be used for interior illumination.

-Mike

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,352 Posts
If I am working with the doors open for an extended amount of time I simply remove the lenses and bulbs. Easy enough with a small flat head screwdriver. Got love my old Volvo for a feature that allows you to twist the plunger type switch on the door jamb for the door lights which turns the light off. It is reset when the door closes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts