Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lately my transmission wont shift into top gear on freeway. instead of shifting down under 2000 rpm it stays up at 2700 rpm. transmission does fine otherwise, this only happens half the time. the other half it runs fine. i so have a knock sensor reading on my checkengine light..everyone saying its going into limp mode because of knock sensor. i was quoted 1100$ to fix the sensor. so my question is there any way to bi pass the sensor? my van has 220000 miles runs great other than this and just want another year with the van without dropping money into it..than ill get a newer one. also will it hurt my engine to drive in lower gear on freeway?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering if you've received any solution on your knock sensor? I have a 2006 CE with 177770 miles. The 'Check Engine' light comes on intermittingly. MEchanic states its the Knock Sensor alert. Stays on a while-RPM changes-light goes out-later comes back on. Mechanic thinks a wire may have been opened up by mice, which happens in our area

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wondering if you've received any solution on your knock sensor? I have a 2006 CE with 177770 miles. The 'Check Engine' light comes on intermittingly. MEchanic states its the Knock Sensor alert. Stays on a while-RPM changes-light goes out-later comes back on. Mechanic thinks a wire may have been opened up by mice, which happens in our area
It is not mice. If it was mice it would not be intermittent. This is a common issue. Coolant leak in the valley. Coolant gets into the sensor. Takes about 4-5 hours plus the sensor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi guys.
I've heard that this is a common issue of 3.3V6 (coolant leak into nock sensor).
Quick question - 2grfe 3.5 engine is affected too ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
06 LE at 169k miles. Supposedly the coolant leak in the valley is common. I got lucky , well kind of. When I took everything off , for me it was not too bad. There was a little sweat and a trace of pink residue. Nevertheless I went ahead and resealed with FIPG sealant , changed the bypass hose, new clamps , and installed new denso knock sensors since I was there already. So far so good at 171.5k miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts