Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys. We have a 2017 Sienna SE. We had a knocking sound coming from the left rear. I changed the shocks, tried the 3rd row seat adjusting, storage compartments, but nothing worked. By accident I was laying on the ground while my wife moved the car in and out of the garage and I heard the noise from the left sliding door believe it or not. What I did was I loosened the 2 bolts for the door hook and pushed it in just barely, I tightened the bolts and the knocking noise disappeared. I guess it was not pulling in the door tight enough and it was making a knocking/clunking sound. Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi guys. We have a 2017 Sienna SE. We had a knocking sound coming from the left rear. I changed the shocks, tried the 3rd row seat adjusting, storage compartments, but nothing worked. By accident I was laying on the ground while my wife moved the car in and out of the garage and I heard the noise from the left sliding door believe it or not. What I did was I loosened the 2 bolts for the door hook and pushed it in just barely, I tightened the bolts and the knocking noise disappeared. I guess it was not pulling in the door tight enough and it was making a knocking/clunking sound. Hopefully that helps.
Would you please take some pictures about it? Many of us suffering that annoying noise. I do it with wrapping tape on the hook, but is indeed temporary only.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would you please take some pictures about it? Many of us suffering that annoying noise. I do it with wrapping tape on the hook, but is indeed temporary only.
Sorry it took a while but here is a picture. Just loosen the 2 bolts and push it in.
20210109_153943.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the replied. So, I should loossen them and push it in? Another words, they didn't tight them properly? Or U meant slide it vertically up or down?
Yes, just loosen the bolts and push it in as much as u can. If that is not enough u might have to use a hammer gently. When u push it in it pulls the door closer to the body and eliminates the noise.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts