Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed all the YouTube reviews for 2022 Siennas still had the small rectangular screen.
My 2022 Limited came with the larger screen and was delivered in August.

Speedometer Gauge Automotive design Tachometer Measuring instrument

·
Registered
52 Posts
Limited, you get all the best. That includes the tundra. The gauges are awesome compared to the other trims. Off course not as fancy as GMCs Denali series lol.
many features not available in north america version: 12.3 inch media system, 12.3 inch full screen multi information display, 2nd sunroof, powered 2nd row, nanoeX, air purifier system.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’ve read that the 25th Anniversary Edition (based on XSE) gets interior upgrades from the Limited. I wonder if those upgrades include this larger instrument display? I’ve read specifically leather power seats, folding power rear view side mirrors with tilt/reverse and puddle lights. Anybody found a updated published list of the 25th Anniversary features? Thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
It amazes me that even the lowest trim available in mexico gets a large MID....
all Mexican spec siennas get the large MID.... toyota makes weird decisions for different markets
Good observation. Their LE starting price is $38K USD - i dont know if there is any dealer markups.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The question is could one swap the larger MID into a 2022 Xse
nope. you cannot, because the ECU programming is based upon trim and VIN, but if you put the wrong trim in, it trips a bunch of sensor errors because of things like parking sensors not there. toyota software can't turn individual features on or off.

I wanted to buy a cluster for a 2020 Highlander Hybrid platinum(looks nearly identical to OPs), and drop it in. One of the techs at my dealership confirmed with pictures that he had already tried it in a hyhi to sienna swap, and even before buttoning stuff up, it would not program correctly, because the LE and XLE trims ECU and BCM expects a small screen, and will not use the larger screen properly, and then there was warnings for parking sensors and stuff that the XLE trims and LE trims don't have that cannot be cleared. maybe in the future someone will figure out how to turn individual features on and off, and then you can properly reprogram the ECU and BCM to use the larger screen, maybe.

In theory is possible, but I dont think its practical or easy for that matter.
its not, at least not right now. im gonna have to see if that tech will send me the pictures. both vehicles were his, and he just swapped the clusters. its not hard to get them out, actually. few screws, and a tug.

What I really want is the HUD. its so nice to have it on my Hihy, and I miss it dearly in my base model sienna.

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
1,238 Posts

What I really want is the HUD. its so nice to have it on my Hihy, and I miss it dearly in my base model sienna.
Just curious, have you tried any after market HUDs? There's bunch there that plug into OBD port and supposedly project on windshield or their own small screen. They are not too expensive, so I might just try out a few in my other car.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I do remember reading that post about your experience. Gotta say, 1-2 months waiting time and strictly MSRP seem very attractive. And the spare tire.
dont forget about insurance..... Insurance in mexico for my particular van costs me around 1000 bucks A YEAR.... and this includes GAP, full and liability insurance on CANADA AND USA. soooooooooooooo......................... yes...... its very attractive

1 - 20 of 29 Posts