Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Add me to the list. Due to the recent heavy rains in the Bay Area, today I saw a good amount of water on the center console and in the open storage area directly below it. There was a drip coming from the conversation mirror too. I've made an appointment with the dealer and will see what they have to say.
Yeah 2 days ago the rain is crazy here in bay area. My xse awd have dripping a water or leaking into the drip tray. I think as long is not leaking from the headliner i think its ok. Which dealer did you bring yours?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah 2 days ago the rain is crazy here in bay area. My xse awd have dripping a water or leaking into the drip tray. I think as long is not leaking from the headliner i think its ok. Which dealer did you bring yours?
The water dripped from the conversation mirror onto the center console. It was quite a bit of water. I brought it in to SF Toyota and they were not able to replicate.

Can anyone take a picture of their moonroof for comparison? I’m trying to see the seals.
For example mine:
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Car

Hood Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone notice the curvature of the sunroof glass panel doesn’t match the curvature of the roof? My driver side gasket is way higher than the passenger side in the center area. The driver side glass panel arc is way higher that the passenger side. It appears that either the glass panel or the sheet metal arc Is not made correctly and is not a flush or parallel curvature.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone notice the curvature of the sunroof glass panel doesn’t match the curvature of the roof? My driver side gasket is way higher than the passenger side in the center area. The driver side glass panel arc is way higher that the passenger side. It appears that either the glass panel or the sheet metal arc Is not made correctly and is not a flush or parallel curvature.
Thanks for the pictures. I'm guessing no leaks for you?

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts
That's scary. Used to have a "leaky moonroof" vehicle. Never ever again.

Ordered a month ago 2022 XSE and now I'm thinking if I'm doing the right thing. I'm not ready to duct tape the moonroof on the brand new "over $50k" vehicle.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Ordered a month ago 2022 XSE and now I'm thinking if I'm doing the right thing. I'm not ready to duct tape the moonroof on the brand new "over $50k" vehicle.
Get the LE, no moonroof. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts

They should offer the moonroof as an option on all trims. That way it will be our choice..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I'm guessing no leaks for you?
Well just got it home from purchase so haven’t been in rain yet:) however I was just inspecting the vehicle and ran across the curvature. Doesn’t look right and was wondering if it’s a sign of things to come! Updated pics attached..driver side really sticking up higher than passenger side..hmmm

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Wife noticed the water on the rear view mirror.
Sorry to hear. Note that the sunroof is only one possibility. It’s also possible there’s a bad seal around the top of your windshield glass. Hopefully dealer finds it fast and fixes wherever the seal happens to be bad (or drain in sunroof clogged)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would hope that they can come up with something better than "adding lube". Seals need to be lubed, but they need a long term solution rather than kicking the problem down the road until it's out of warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update: dealer wasn't able to replicate with a pressure washer and a bucket.. Told me they logged an issue with a Toyota engineer and that if enough people have complaints, they'll issue a recall and a fix. I think I'll just try the silicone lube trick for now since they won't do anything.

Only thing we could think of is that the drip tray was overwhelmed while being parked on a canted street. The street is near level front to back, but tilted for the gutter.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts