Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded my tundra to the pro headlights which are 100% led. I want to do the same for my wife's XLE 2016 but can't seem to find anything that is a complete assembly swap. I'd rather not do LED bulb swaps. All I've seen are halogens with LED DRLs or accents.

Any help or direction is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,168 Posts
Unfortunately, there is not a large enough tech following on a minivan to attract anyone to produce a true upgrade headlight kit. Plunking in retrofit LED or HID bulbs produces an unacceptable beam pattern with the Halogen bulbs.

The Limited Premium vans do have proper factory HID headlamps. I have them on my 2015 and am reasonably happy with the output and pattern. From Toyota (new) it would be expensive, but perhaps if you could find a wreck with an intact nose, that would be an option.

Others have purchased whole HID optical assemblies and replaced the halogen components within the shell. That's probably your best and most cost effective option.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
LOL. I read that same line many times before posting and for what ever brain fart of a reason, interpreted it as LED.

·
Registered
2014 Sienna Limited AWD
6 Posts
My research shows nil complete headlight upgrades. Maybe check these out, not sure how much modification there would be to get these installed though - Bi-LED Projectors: Morimoto M LED 2.0 - Easy Install!

I've been so tempted to just get a plug-n-play HID kit for my 2014 Limited but my gut is telling me I'll be disappointed with the output.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I installed H7 led headlight bulbs on 2014 Venza ( which has pretty much the same projector as the Sienna) and results are pretty good, very bright and cut-off is perfect and not blinding. Also used 9005 led for DRLs and high beam. I think there's no aftermarket version of the headlights, so u have to do some custom work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts