Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The back light on my 06 Sienna's NAV unit has gone out and I am looking for a broken unit to see if I can fix it. With the potable GPS systems at such a low cost, I can not justify $500 + for repair / replacement of this unit, especially since I can see the display very faintly and know it is working (except for the back light)

If anyone has a broken unit or knows where I can get one, please let me know.

Thank so much,

Andy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to resurrect such an old topic, but are the e7006 and e7007 units interchangeable? Are the connections on the back the same? Or maybe I should just ask what the differences are between the e7006 and the e7007. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Robert, If you still have the broken unit I may be interested. The Nav system in my Sienna (E7007) has a damaged screen and therefore it is non responsive for some of the touch screen functions. I am most interested in the screen if it is not damaged. Please get back to me if yours is still available.

Also.... if anyone else on here has a unit available I would appreciate you contacting me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi zveegh, I bought Roberts dead unit from him for the cd player. I still have the display which looks to be in very good condition, I have not tested it, perhaps Robert can let you know if there were any issues with it. I believe the main pwb in the unit died. So the display should be fine. I have no real use for it, was just gonna keep it as a spare. Perhaps we can put something together.
Dean

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know these r old responses, BUT I also have a denso e7007 unit avail
I know the unit screen is blank. if powers on, and we were told they believe its a short of sort. that's all I know, screen and unit good shape if anyone is interested let me know....
thanks, deb

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know these r old responses, BUT I also have a denso e7007 unit avail
I know the unit screen is blank. if powers on, and we were told they believe its a short of sort. that's all I know, screen and unit good shape if anyone is interested let me know....
thanks, deb
Hi
I have a E7007 unit that has backlight issue, I am interested if someone has a E7007 model in not working condition so I can use it for parts.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi dave, I keep trying to reply but don't know where it is going... lol
I have and e7007. don't need it now and its setting on shelf in box. all I know is when I tried to get it checked out I was told it was most likely a short. it powered up and disk changer was clicking and taking discs..... but screen is blank. IMG_1081.jpg IMG_1082.jpg if interested please email [email protected] I will ty and attached photo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Guys
I just bought used 2007 Sienna with E7007 that is not taking map disk and after clicking it spits the disk out. I already removed it out of the van and now the hard part is to disassemble it to get to the map disk drive. Can any one please give me some idea on where to start disassembly,. I do have some electronic experience but it looks very compact. Also, what pins are used to power up the unit on bench. Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi folks. Old thread here, I know, but I also need to replace our JBL head unit for our 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE. It looks exactly like the one shown in dlano's pictures above. Ours is the model 86120-08161 with the e7007 face plate (look under top-right tuning knob). Does anybody have a working unit they'd like to sell?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts