Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, anyone with LE trim (specifically with LE plus pkg), how do you like your car so far? Do you miss convenience features from XLE trim like parking sensor or kick sensor to open the sidedoor or rear trunk? Does the audio plus ("upgraded" audio from base LE) sound terrible in comparison to JBL premium audio from XLE plus pkg? Any replies are welcome, thanks!

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'll give the Canadian version... LE FWD.

We do get heated front seats and steering wheel. Do not get power hatch. Plus get spare tire instead of repair kit.

Main items that XLE has and comments:
  • Softex seats; We prefer cloth seats in our extreme heat and cold temps
  • Kick sensors; We actually felt it was an upgrade to get power sliding doors that can open from remore so kick sensors not needed at all.
  • Parking sensors; Dad made me learn to park [parallel and mall] using rear view and side mirrors even though had rear cam. Much appreciated [although not at that time :)] so have never felt need for parking sensors.
  • Sun roof; Never ever want this.
  • Audio; Have basic audio and fine with that. On road trips everybody has their own device so no real need for upgraded audio. Now, we're not audiophiles so YMMV.
  • Smart keys; Basic remote that unlocks and locks doors and opens sliding doors sufficient.
  • Power passenger seat; Wouldn't mind having but no biggie.
  • 4 zone vs 3 zone HVAC; We're fine with just regular hvac so any additional zones really not add anything. Really in a minivan we would be ok with 2 zones [front and rear] so 3 zones is a bonus.
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror; Would be nice to have.
Ask away if any questions.

·
Registered
2022 XSE AWD non-tech
98 Posts

We do get heated front seats and steering wheel. Do not get power hatch. Plus get spare tire instead of repair kit.

• Kick sensors; We actually felt it was an upgrade to get power sliding doors that can open from remore so kick sensors not needed at all.
  • Parking sensors; Dad made me learn to park [parallel and mall] using rear view and side mirrors even though had rear cam. Much appreciated [although not at that time :)] so have never felt need for parking sensors.
  • Audio; Have basic audio and fine with that. On road trips everybody has their own device so no real need for upgraded audio. Now, we're not audiophiles so YMMV.
  • Smart keys; Basic remote that unlocks and locks doors and opens sliding doors sufficient.
  • 4 zone vs 3 zone HVAC; We're fine with just regular hvac so any additional zones really not add anything. Really in a minivan we would be ok with 2 zones [front and rear] so 3 zones is a bonus.
Had a test drive with LE(Canada), and was surprised how the LE version was worth the money compared to my XSE. Currently waiting on the Limited.

I am lazy so I will copy what pamhar typed:
  • Softex seats; The main reason we wanna swap from XSE to Limited, extramely hot in the summer time, especially if it has been under direct sunshine.
  • Kick sensors; Sometimes I feel this is useful but I agreed the remote control is the best. And this function requires you have the key with you so my kids was disppointed.
  • Parking sensors; Even the XSE(no tech) version does not come with parking sensor but only the backup camera. This is the secondary reason we wanna an Limited.
  • Sun roof; I prefer to have it in the rear seat as the third row windows shrink compared with Gen 3. Kids in the third row compains it's too dark there.
  • Audio; JBL will beat stardand for sure but most of the time I have to put a very low volum as passangers need to talk!
  • Smart keys; no complaints
  • Power passenger seat; no complaints, although the lumbar supports are missing but not a big deal
  • 4 zone HVAC; The big kid's toy.
  • Auto-dimming rear view mirror; Would be nice to have.
Besides,
  • the Garage Door Opener: useful
  • Driver Easy Speak; is good to have, I put the switch control on my home screen and use it pretty frequently.
  • 2nd Row Long Slide Captain Seats; LOVE THIS
  • I cannot tell the difference between a standard suspension and a sport-tuned one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have an LE FWD. In my opinion, it is crazy to pay thousands of dollars for "luxury items" in vehicles. I understand why people want them, but our philosophy has been get the most miles you can for the most affordable price, so LE it is for us. So, that said, I've never had all the bells and whistles, but I can tell you this is an amazing vehicle. We love it. Love the gas milage. It's such a smooth drive and ride. Really could not be happier. If there's one thing I maybe wish we had, it would be electronic lift and close of the rear gate. But, life is OK without it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for your reply! It's nice that Canada gets heated seats/steering wheel as here in US, we do not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a test drive with LE(Canada), and was surprised how the LE version was worth the money compared to my XSE. Currently waiting on the Limited.

I am lazy so I will copy what pamhar typed:
  • Softex seats; The main reason we wanna swap from XSE to Limited, extramely hot in the summer time, especially if it has been under direct sunshine.
  • Kick sensors; Sometimes I feel this is useful but I agreed the remote control is the best. And this function requires you have the key with you so my kids was disppointed.
  • Parking sensors; Even the XSE(no tech) version does not come with parking sensor but only the backup camera. This is the secondary reason we wanna an Limited.
  • Sun roof; I prefer to have it in the rear seat as the third row windows shrink compared with Gen 3. Kids in the third row compains it's too dark there.
  • Audio; JBL will beat stardand for sure but most of the time I have to put a very low volum as passangers need to talk!
  • Smart keys; no complaints
  • Power passenger seat; no complaints, although the lumbar supports are missing but not a big deal
  • 4 zone HVAC; The big kid's toy.
  • Auto-dimming rear view mirror; Would be nice to have.
Besides,
  • the Garage Door Opener: useful
  • Driver Easy Speak; is good to have, I put the switch control on my home screen and use it pretty frequently.
  • 2nd Row Long Slide Captain Seats; LOVE THIS
  • I cannot tell the difference between a standard suspension and a sport-tuned one.
I appreciate your reply. I am not sure why there is a need for sport-tuned suspension that is on XSE trim (this isn't a sports car lol) but I guess it can tighten up for better cornering maybe? It's cool though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have an LE FWD. In my opinion, it is crazy to pay thousands of dollars for "luxury items" in vehicles. I understand why people want them, but our philosophy has been get the most miles you can for the most affordable price, so LE it is for us. So, that said, I've never had all the bells and whistles, but I can tell you this is an amazing vehicle. We love it. Love the gas milage. It's such a smooth drive and ride. Really could not be happier. If there's one thing I maybe wish we had, it would be electronic lift and close of the rear gate. But, life is OK without it!
I am supposed to get my LE next week so I am excited to finally be in a mini-van. Yes I have been looking for XLE trim(mainly for kick sensor and rear power gate), but with this current state of market, I got to get what I can get as there are no Sienna anywhere!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am supposed to get my LE next week so I am excited to finally be in a mini-van. Yes I have been looking for XLE trim(mainly for kick sensor and rear power gate), but with this current state of market, I got to get what I can get as there are no Sienna anywhere!

·
Registered
447 Posts
If there's one thing I maybe wish we had, it would be electronic lift and close of the rear gate. But, life is OK without it!
If that's the only thing you're missing I have good news, you can quite easily retrofit that. I just ordered a kit for my elderly parents' CH-R because my mom has neither the height nor the strength to close the tail gate.
Here's an example of a kit for the Sienna (disclaimer: I have no experience with this kit and don't know if it's any good): 298.0US $ |For TOYOTA Sienna 2021+ Car Power Trunk Lift Electric Hatch Tailgate Tail gate Strut Auto Rear Door Actuator| | - AliExpress

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
312 Posts
When I was a kid growing up every car we had came with vinyl seats because we couldnt afford a car with cloth. Call it Softex, , call it whatever you want, I just find it funny that now cloth is bottom end and you get to "upgrade" to vinyl.
Sorry for derailing the thread but I saw what pamhar wrote and I had to laugh because I too have an LE and agree with that, mine's a 2020 though.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
In terms of creature comforts, the only thing I miss sorely is the heated seats.

The moonroof is not getting too much use, but at least it's not leaking, so it's a nice-to-have.

We do have factory roof rails and the bars that go with them, but we haven't used them yet.

Kick sensors would be handy (or footy), but I can do without them.

Interestingly, at first I loved the power sliding doors, but now I am finding them kind of slow, and the left one keeps getting stuck open every now and then.

Normally I would not be yearning for a power hatch/liftgate, but the Gen 4 Sienna has the flimsiest liftgate of all vehicles I remember - to the point that I sometimes have to slam it down twice and even three times to get the latch (and the corresponding sensor) properly engaged.

I think the sound quality on the LE Plus is good, and the cloth seats are OK, too.

When I was a kid growing up every car we had came with vinyl seats because we couldnt afford a car with cloth. Call it Softex, , call it whatever you want, I just find it funny that now cloth is bottom end and you get to "upgrade" to vinyl.
Speaking of vinyl (the other kind, though), some of the forumers might remember how in the 1980's it was cool and hip to upgrade your music to CD's, and guess what, today the CD is among the uncoolest things ever, and millions of listeners are willing to pay premium to get their music on vinyl :)

Sorry for derailing the thread but I saw what pamhar wrote and I had to laugh because I too have an LE and agree with that, mine's a 2020 though.
2020, you say .... not one of us :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
XLE and higher trims have park assist with automatic braking, a safety feature most notable for trying to prevent the car from backing up into kids.

Mine are grown, so it’s main use right now is autobraking if I’m far enough in the garage.
I wished we had that for XLE and higher in Canada as well. It's such a good safety feature to have, but here you need to buy the $5500 Tech Package on the XSE just to get that.

·
Registered
272 Posts
XLE and higher trims have park assist with automatic braking, a safety feature most notable for trying to prevent the car from backing up into kids.

Mine are grown, so it’s main use right now is autobraking if I’m far enough in the garage.
I had kids and up to their teens they played with skateboards and bicycles. Nowadays my grown-up sometimes leaves the floor jack, tools, oil jugs, oil boxes, etc on the garage floor. Cross traffic and rear sensors/camera's are the best modern features of any vehicle. Im surprised they do not make it standard on all trims.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I wished we had that for XLE and higher in Canada as well. It's such a good safety feature to have, but here you need to buy the $5500 Tech Package on the XSE just to get that.
Do any Canadian models have this?

It's not the stuff in Star Safety System?
Star Safety System: Smart Stop Technology, Vehicle Stability Control, Anti-Lock Brakes, Traction Control, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, Brake Assist

Couldn't find on specs which trim has but these specs not always right.

Never mind... just re read your post... it's option on XSE.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Do any Canadian models have this?

It's not the stuff in Star Safety System?
Star Safety System: Smart Stop Technology, Vehicle Stability Control, Anti-Lock Brakes, Traction Control, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, Brake Assist

Couldn't find on specs which trim has but these specs not always right.
Rear cross traffic braking is not part of the standard Star Safety System, although cross traffic alert is standard. So it'll beep if there's an approaching car, but it won't brake. It also doesn't have the sonar sensors to detect obstacles when backing up, it's up to you to see them on the backup camera.
In Canada, the XSE Tech Package and Limited trims have "Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Rear Cross Traffic Brake".

·
Registered
2022 XSE AWD non-tech
98 Posts
Rear cross traffic braking is not part of the standard Star Safety System, although cross traffic alert is standard. So it'll beep if there's an approaching car, but it won't brake. It also doesn't have the sonar sensors to detect obstacles when backing up, it's up to you to see them on the backup camera.
In Canada, the XSE Tech Package and Limited trims have "Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Rear Cross Traffic Brake".
Yup, and the parking sensor as well. That's the main reason we wanna swap to a Limited.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When making my purchase, I was surprise of how many features the LE trim actually comes with. For myself, the biggest thing I wanted that did not come with the LE trim were fog lights. However, I was able to add it the OEM fog lights no problem since the wire harness is available. Simply plug and play which was a nice surprise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When making my purchase, I was surprise of how many features the LE trim actually comes with. For myself, the biggest thing I wanted that did not come with the LE trim were fog lights. However, I was able to add it the OEM fog lights no problem since the wire harness is available. Simply plug and play which was a nice surprise.
Where did you order the fog light part?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts