Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here are the threads where we talked about installing fog lights.

Here are the OEM part numbers:
LAMP ASSY FOG RH - 81210-08040
LAMP ASSY FOG LH - 81220-08040
TURN SIGNAL SWITCH - 84329-0R020

·
Registered
925 Posts
Actually two of the things do want on LE are:

• Side mirrors turn lights. Hate seeing prior gen ICE RAV4 LEs with these and we don't have. Wonder if supply shortage or cost cutting or both? Either way have seen too many base trims in less costly older cars have.
  • Illuminated brake lights on hatch. Feel the side brake lights are too small and same can be said for turn signals.

·
Registered
447 Posts
  • Side mirrors turn lights. Hate seeing prior gen ICE RAV4 LEs with these and we don't have. Wonder if supply shortage or cost cutting or both? Either way have seen too many base trims in less costly older cars have
Yes, pretty inexcusable that side mirror turn signals are only on the Limited in Canada. And for such a large vehicle, it sure would be nice if they included power folding mirrors as standard as well. If they can put them on a CH-R XLE that's much less expensive and don't even really need them, surely they could put them on the Siennas. Just petty little things to create artificial separation between trim levels.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Yes, pretty inexcusable that side mirror turn signals are only on the Limited in Canada. And for such a large vehicle, it sure would be nice if they included power folding mirrors as standard as well. If they can put them on a CH-R XLE that's much less expensive and don't even really need them, surely they could put them on the Siennas. Just petty little things to create artificial separation between trim levels.
Yes, the power folding mirrors would be really good as manually unfolding and folding not gonna be fun in winter.

Great discussion in Mods for DIY install of power folding mirrors BUT wee bit scared I might break something.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes, the power folding mirrors would be really good as manually unfolding and folding not gonna be fun in winter.

Great discussion in Mods for DIY install of power folding mirrors BUT wee bit scared I might break something.
I have the kit ready to go, along with the turn signal covers. If you’re going to take apart the mirrors for the power folding anyway, might as well add the turn signals as well.
Back to the topic at hand, I personally could have gone for the LE as it does have most things I need, but my wife took one look at the cloth interior and said no. Curious as our current cars all have cloth, she just hates the grey colour.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna LE Plus, FWD
68 Posts
Like the title says, anyone with LE trim (specifically with LE plus pkg), how do you like your car so far? Do you miss convenience features from XLE trim like parking sensor or kick sensor to open the sidedoor or rear trunk? Does the audio plus ("upgraded" audio from base LE) sound terrible in comparison to JBL premium audio from XLE plus pkg? Any replies are welcome, thanks!
I couldn't care less about the extra bells & whistles mentioned on this thread, but I am unhappy with the seat padding quality in my LE plus, and for that reason I would at least sit in a higher trim model to see if they're better and by how much before buying another. I find the seats are comparable to flying coach. It's not a bother on short trips around town, but anything longer than an hour and I'm squirming to get comfortable. I have bought aftermarket seat pads and have a small MyPillow for lumbar support and those do help. I previously had a 2nd gen LE and never gave the seats a second thought--found them quite comfy actually, but it seems to me that they really cheaped out on these, trying to make them smaller and lighter. I'm also not a fan of leather, so I'd hate to think that I'd have to get a leather seat to get a better seat, but it's something I'll consider next time.

Mind you, I'm not an audiophile, so I can't speak to the speakers.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Driving yesterday and saw that even current gen RAV4 LEs have side mirror turn lights.

Would rather have those and illuminated brake lights on hatch then heated steering wheel which only used twice in winter; once to test out and once pressed button by mistake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Considering the standard equipment of the LE, it would be considered well loaded just a few years ago. I like the cloth seats. I like the three seat middle. We don't go in the rear hatch all that much so don't miss a powered hatch. The side doors open with the push of a button, not a big deal. If I were to buy another, I would buy the LE without a second thought.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Driving yesterday and saw that even current gen RAV4 LEs have side mirror turn lights.

Would rather have those and illuminated brake lights on hatch then heated steering wheel which only used twice in winter; once to test out and once pressed button by mistake.
I absolutely love heated steering wheel and swore I would never buy another car without one. I'm pretty sure there's a similar difference in opinion regarding heated seats as well.
I know I'm in the minority, but I generally consider anything I can mod to add a non-factor (as long as it can be done cost effectively). From my perspective anyway, at least it's easier to mod and add turn or brake lights than heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my 2022 LE a couple weeks ago after waiting a year. One missing item that surprised me is that I have to push the button on the key fob to unlock the doors. My 2013 Prius unlocks the doors if I touch the door handle as long as the fob is in my pocket. I wouldn't pay thousands more for a higher trim level just for this feature, but it is one that I miss. Anyone know if and how I could add this feature in an aftermarket kit?

·
Registered
2021 Sienna LE AWD Hybrid; '04 Sienna LE FWD; '08 RAV4 Limited AWD V6; '07 Camry LE 4 Cyl.
49 Posts
Our perspective is a little different from others.

We've gone from our 2004 Sienna LE (purchased new in 2004) to a 2021 Sienna LE.
Now, from our perspective, we haven't lost any features. In fact, we've gained quite a bit!! (dual power doors, reverse camera, better stereo, double the gas mileage, range capacity has gone from 400 miles for 20 gallons to 650 miles for 18 gallons, multi-zone AC, blind spot monitor, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, rear door window shades, rear seats that move up and back).

What did we lose with the new vehicle? CD player and cassette player, compartment in the driver and passenger door handle to hide stuff, sunglass holder, center tray between the driver and passenger that folds down. That and lots of really good memories of our Desert Sand Mica classic 2nd Generation '04 Sienna.

I think you just don't know how good you got it now until you look back at where you came from, guys!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I just got my 2022 LE a couple weeks ago after waiting a year. One missing item that surprised me is that I have to push the button on the key fob to unlock the doors. My 2013 Prius unlocks the doors if I touch the door handle as long as the fob is in my pocket. I wouldn't pay thousands more for a higher trim level just for this feature, but it is one that I miss. Anyone know if and how I could add this feature in an aftermarket kit?
Dang LE doesn't come standard with this? My current RAV4 has it geez. Congrats on your new LE!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Dang LE doesn't come standard with this? My current RAV4 has it geez. Congrats on your new LE!
Hey, my Sienna came already with sci-fi grade AI that decides on its own when to open the left sliding door :). I don't even need to be near it.

Jokes aside, I turned the power doors off because it's faster to operate them by hand, and you don't have to listen to the creaks and squeaks.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have the kit ready to go, along with the turn signal covers. If you’re going to take apart the mirrors for the power folding anyway, might as well add the turn signals as well.
Back to the topic at hand, I personally could have gone for the LE as it does have most things I need, but my wife took one look at the cloth interior and said no. Curious as our current cars all have cloth, she just hates the grey colour.
We have no problem with the cloth seats and since we moved south, getting in a hot car with anything other than cloth might be a little warm on the tush. We do try to use the sun shades when we are not in a huge rush.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our perspective is a little different from others.

We've gone from our 2004 Sienna LE (purchased new in 2004) to a 2021 Sienna LE.
Now, from our perspective, we haven't lost any features. In fact, we've gained quite a bit!! (dual power doors, reverse camera, better stereo, double the gas mileage, range capacity has gone from 400 miles for 20 gallons to 650 miles for 18 gallons, multi-zone AC, blind spot monitor, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, rear door window shades, rear seats that move up and back).

What did we lose with the new vehicle? CD player and cassette player, compartment in the driver and passenger door handle to hide stuff, sunglass holder, center tray between the driver and passenger that folds down. That and lots of really good memories of our Desert Sand Mica classic 2nd Generation '04 Sienna.

I think you just don't know how good you got it now until you look back at where you came from, guys!!
Nice review, love affair with my 2000 Sienna XLE. Hoping to enhance the interior even more, the current trouble is the water draining down to the carpet areas in front...hope to figure that out asap. Thank you Sienna !

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve had a ‘22 LE AWD since March (no plus package). It’s awesome. We had to go LE in order to get AWD and 8 seats (have 3 kids and wanted bench seat). As others have mentioned, missed features are heated seats, leatherette, parking sensors with automatic braking, kick sensors, automatic tailgate, and touchless entry (have to hit unlock button to enter, yet it’s a proximity key…makes no sense, clearly the feature is already built in, it’s just not programmed; I didn’t anticipate this when I bought the car). I paid a couple hundred bucks to have aftermarket parking sensors installed. Won’t automatically brake, but the beep has saved me a few times already. You can aftermarket the power lift gate, my wife would like this, I kindof prefer the manual one so I don’t feel bad about slamming junk in it as much (lots of crap with 3 kids); was a pricey aftermarket install at a professional ($2000 bucks, could probably do it for a few hundred bucks if you did it yourself, I just didn’t trust myself to not screw something up). I was in touch with Clazzio Seat Covers - #1 Trusted Site - Customizable Leather Seat Covers about aftermarket leather seat covers, but they don’t have them in stock for Gen 4 (though apparently they’re actively sizing it up; just checked the website, and still not orderable). I personally find the cloth pretty comfortable, but we already have some stains. We had aftermarket front seat heaters installed for a few hundred bucks. Haven’t had it in winter yet, but this was a “must have” for the wife. Our friends have the XSE with kick sensors and we don’t miss them at all. They’re really delayed/slow and don’t always work and how hard is it to press the many buttons available for the doors to open…gimmicky if you ask me. I looked into aftermarket proximity key options and basically was told there is no good aftermarket option that will work as reliably as OEM, so we still have to fish keys out of pockets and purses to get into the car. This is probably the biggest convenience feature we miss on a regular basis, but having AWD in the mountains and being able to seat 3-wide in the middle seat more than makes up for it. These are my reflections on early ownership of an LE. You’ll love it!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
We had aftermarket front seat heaters installed for a few hundred bucks. Haven’t had it in winter yet, but this was a “must have” for the wife.
Any advice to share about those heaters, where you bought them and what they are called, how you got it installed etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tops and Trends in Fletcher, NC. They’re a regional company and I think have offices elsewhere. Their website is kindof useless though. Weren’t the cheapest, but they seem to have done a good job. I’m not sure what heater kit they used, but they installed the switches right on the center console by the shifter and you’d never know it wasn’t meant to be there. They also did the backup sensors and ecohitch install w/ 7-way wiring harness so we can tow our small camper. Most dealerships will do aftermarket seat heaters, I ended up going directly through tops and trends as they’re who the Toyota dealership contracted with for these add-on features and it saved me the dealer markup for the service. If you can figure out who your local dealership uses for these services, you may be able to do the same thing by going direct through them.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
^ looks like Tops and Trends do have a place in VA, but it's still a good 3 hours away, so I'll see if I can get some input from our dealership. Thanks a lot!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts