Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22 Sienna XLE+ FWD, 22 Tesla Model Y LR
129 Posts
The LE does not have a power tailgate, and does not come with lumbar adjustment for driver. Also doesn't have smart-key access.
This would be a deal killer for me on the LE. The whole point of a minivan is to have power doors, so I would really miss the hatch not being powered. Plus it would be hard for my short wife to reach the handle to pull it closed if it wasn't powered.

Also, if you've ever had a car with smart key (proximity key) it's hard to not have it. So much more convenient.

I got an XLE with Plus package but only because I couldn't find a Platinum. I would have happily paid extra for more features, provided it wasn't a ridiculous mark-up.

· Registered
129 Posts
To be clear, while they can be removed, they aren't made to be removed and it's probably not something you want to do to get a sheet of plywood. I think normally people only remove them for campervan builds or if they never need to use the middle seats and want the extra cargo space.
I would agree. If OP really needed the utility of hauling large items or plywood on a regular basis, get a different brand of van, or a pickup truck.

· Registered
129 Posts
So the non-smart fob and an actual smart key behave essentially the same inside the cabin? So the main feature of a smart key is the ability to unlock the car from the outside without having to push buttons on the fob? Is that generally correct?
When inside the car, you start the key by simply pushing the start button. The key doesn't need to be inserted anywhere.

· Registered
129 Posts
No, the SKS has push button start so a metal key is never used. One never has to physically touch or manipulate the FOB to enter a locked vehicle and/or start it so the FOB can stay in the pocket, purse, etc. Truly hands free. Once you've used/had SKS, going back to the "old way" is not easy. If one has two vehicles with and without, the differences really stand out. Most SKS still have a hidden metal key in the FOB to unlock the doors in case the 12v is dead.
When we still had our 2008 Acura (non-SKS) I would always walk up to the driver's and pull on it and be confused why didn't open. And then, I'd sit in the seat and have to fish out the key from the pocket to insert into ignition. So annoying.

Later on when we got a Tesla, now even when I get into our Sienna XLE (SKS) I sometimes forget to push the start button because in Tesla you just step on the brake and it "turns on." First world problems, I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts