Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have not seen any new Siennas on the road on the west coast in Canada. The only trims in dealers are the LE's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same in Massachusetts. Very few XSE models. Even rarer Limited and Platinum. Plenty of XLEs though.
Right, I was looking for a Platinum or Limited with certain options. There were a couple of them available in the state of Arizona and I bought one of them. The L and LE trims are around, but the upper level trims are unicorns.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Right, I was looking for a Platinum or Limited with certain options. There were a couple of them available in the state of Arizona and I bought one of them. The L and LE trims are around, but the upper level trims are unicorns.
I could not find an XLE Plus with a spare tire in the color I wanted. I ordered one on Dec 10 and got word on Jan 13 that is was being built. It has not arrived yet.
Either they are not building many with a spare or people are snapping them up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I could not find an XLE Plus with a spare tire in the color I wanted. I ordered one on Dec 10 and got word on Jan 13 that is was being built. It has not arrived yet.
The Mid-Atlantic region has 759 Siennas in stock, but just 125 with the spare tire. I wonder if the added weight of the tire+jack raises the average curb weight and fuel economy, and Toyota is making them fewer of them available to meet those fuel economy figures.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Mid-Atlantic region has 759 Siennas in stock, but just 125 with the spare tire. I wonder if the added weight of the tire+jack raises the average curb weight and fuel economy, and Toyota is making them fewer of them available to meet those fuel economy figures.
But there isn't a separate EPA rating for with or without a spare, only for AWD or FWD. More likely, the dealers/regional distributor isn't ordering them because they don't think it will be popular. For example, Gulf State Toyota dealers seem to only order black or white cars for inventory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe it's both? I also ordered an XLE with a spare and roof rails. Dealer found only 2 vehicles around the country through their system that matched those specifications in our color (predawn mica). They tried to get one of those rerouted to their dealership in Idaho but weren't successful. I think someone else already got to both of them before they could. Now the manufacturer has to assemble the van instead.

It would seem to me that demand is high for the spare among customers, but the dealerships just aren't ordering them for whatever reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts