Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Sienna lowered 2 3/4 inch on 20" wheels. I found some Previa springs and made my own lowering kit out of it. I was wondering if anyone knows besides bags what other option I have to lower it a bit more, maybe the other 1/4 inch so it would sit on the wheel. Help!! I'm interested to hear from anyone that's done this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am Interested in what previa Parts you used to get to where you are now? any pics of the van?

Cheers Barto

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to try getting a set of junkyard coils and cutting them- my 99 has severe body roll- the suspension is too Plush to my liking anyways- I'm hoping that by cutting them it will stiffen the spring rate a little and give me the desired ride height

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
My 2000 Sienna is completely stock, 150k mi and the shocks all look like they've been on there for a long time, yet there's very, very little body roll. I was really surprised at how well it handles, especially since before the Sienna I had several GM B-bodies (90's Caprices and Roadmasters) that were very low and wide, sort of like a turtle. I had expected the Sienna to corner like crap but it doesn't. That's why I was a bit puzzled when I read your post... it sounds like you need new struts and shocks!

Not to say that the Sienna wouldn't be improved with some slamming, I'm all for it. I've always thought that Honda was the only company that let their cheap cars (like Civics) leave the factory anywhere near the right ride height. I absolutely hate this whole jacked up SUV fad and shake my head when people say they can see better when they are higher up - generally you can see further but often less of the first 10 ft in front of you, so slam on brother! Please post pics if you do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Megan racing makes coilovers for first gen Sienna's (Part Number:*MR-CDK-TSE98). They are not Bilsteins, so they are kinda bouncy; But when you pair them with poly bushings and turn the damping to about 70%, they make the van handle infinitely better. If you already have a 40-45 series tire, your van would corner on rails lol
Also, didn't need camber bolts with stock tires and wheels.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread but let’s give it a try...will those coil overs go up any to raise it above stock rise height?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts