Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing some research on how to to this for a while now. Ive found someone whos done it (Link here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vankulture.com/single-post/2018/05/14/Spotlight-Kens-2nd-gen-Toyota-Sienna?_amp_) .I think hes on bags but can be too sure. So from what I know you can get 3rd gen coilovers and use 2nd gen top hats to install them. I havent done it yet but i want to, the thing is that we might have to get extended sway bar end links. Ill keep you guys updated and ill leave a link to my other post about this matter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have done Megan Lowering Springs Version 2 on my 2007 XLE. Just bit the bullet and did it. It really tightenes up the body rolling and steering vagueness. If you’re doing sprited driving, the seats don’t hold you in place if cornering hard. Well it’s a minivan for a reason

The picture with the OEM wheels was after I installed the lowering springs, the picture with the aftermarket wheels was from last year at stock suspension. I have only been lowered for about 2 weeks since this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you have an 06’ then I guess you have the heavier iron block 3MZ-FE. Coilovers in you case. I messaged the person with the Sienna with airbags on his 06’. This picture he sent me regarding the Megan coilovers with the factory top mount. Notice the gap for the strut treads and the top mount as well as the notch.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have done Megan Lowering Springs Version 2 on my 2007 XLE. Just bit the bullet and did it. It really tightenes up the body rolling and steering vagueness. If you’re doing sprited driving, the seats don’t hold you in place if cornering hard. Well it’s a minivan for a reason

The picture with the OEM wheels was after I installed the lowering springs, the picture with the aftermarket wheels was from last year at stock suspension. I have only been lowered for about 2 weeks since this post.

how much of a drop in height would you say there was after the suspension settled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts

Are you using the springs from a 2011+ Sienna? I couldn't find listings for a gen 2 Sienna.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I lowered my 05 2 inches by simply putting /60 tires on it. Hated it. Every time I pulled out of the driveway I dragged bottom. Same for the kids' school drive. Soon as I could I went to 215x70s and got his butt back up to normal again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are you using the springs from a 2011+ Sienna? I couldn't find listings for a gen 2 Sienna.
Yes I am, Megan Version 2 springs for a 3rd Gen. Version 2 because Version 1 dropped the 3rd Gens almost 3" in the front. But like I said, 04-06 has the heavier engine and most likely different spring rates. 2GR-FE has been in Siennas since 07' till 18' then they switched to same engine but with direct injection.

Best bet would be coilovers that reuse the top mount.

·
Registered
2 Posts

hi alex150,

were you just using a 3rd gen lowering springs on the 2nd gen strut and strut mounts??? i have a set of RSR lowering springs from my 3rd gen sitting and home, wondering if i can just installed them to my 2nd gen using my 2nd gen struts and top mounts.

thanks
wa_sir

·
Registered
50 Posts
hi alex150,

were you just using a 3rd gen lowering springs on the 2nd gen strut and strut mounts??? i have a set of RSR lowering springs from my 3rd gen sitting and home, wondering if i can just installed them to my 2nd gen using my 2nd gen struts and top mounts.

thanks
wa_sir
Yes you can cause that's what i did (well my cousin who is a mechanic by trade). FWD only!!!
ACTUALLY i have aftermarket front struts because my OEM ones gave out in 2016 but works either way. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been doing some research on how to to this for a while now. Ive found someone whos done it (Link here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vankulture.com/single-post/2018/05/14/Spotlight-Kens-2nd-gen-Toyota-Sienna?_amp_) .I think hes on bags but can be too sure. So from what I know you can get 3rd gen coilovers and use 2nd gen top hats to install them. I havent done it yet but i want to, the thing is that we might have to get extended sway bar end links. Ill keep you guys updated and ill leave a link to my other post about this matter.
I followed link you posted.
Does anyone know how to lower 2008 Sienna AWD XLE??
I can not find any products....
I want to drop about 1 inch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts