Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals, I purchased my 2008 Sienna XLE new from a Toyota dealership (Fitzgerald Auto Mall) about three hours from where I live. It’s been a great vehicle for me and only has slightly over 60,000 miles on it. To date, the only thing I’ve had to do beyond general maintenance (tires, brakes, oil changes, filters, etc.) was to replace a couple O2 sensors last year. The body is sound without any noticeable rust. Since it’s been driven very gently and doesn’t have many miles on it, I was curious as to what the most likely type of age-based maintenance I should be considering to keep it functional? I considered taking it back to the dealership for a 60K mile check-up, but given the distance involved and the likelihood they’ll find something to do whether it needs it or not, I thought I’d see if anyone here might have some useful/informed suggestions.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you haven't done already, it would be good to do the transmission fluid at this mileage. Has the coolant and brake fluid been changed regularly as well? These 3 fluid changes are often missed.
In terms of inspection, general suspension/drivetrain check can be done quickly by a mechanic to make sure the CV's and shocks are in good shape. I heard the front shock mounts on this generation can rust due to water accumulation there. A visual inspection will only take them a few minutes and an honest mechanic won't charge you much for that.

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
381 Posts
You said no noticeable rust but if it came from the rust belt or thats where you live I would rust proof it. Mechanical parts wear out over time but can always be replaced.
Rust is a cancer that you cant get rid of once its bad, but also one of the easiest things to prevent.

·
Registered
2007 Sienna Limited AWD
67 Posts
I would add steering fluid as well to the list of fluids to change. If it is an AWD, I would change the rear differential and transfer case fluids too. The sliding door rails, clean and grease them while at it, all this can be DIY if you are up for it. Check out car care nut on youtube on what to watch out for in your model year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts