Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having repaired the power sliding door on our 2004 XLE, I'm wondering if during the winter months it would be prudent to disable the power sliding doors and just use the manual operation for the doors. In the past sometime after an ice storm or snow storm I notice that the sliding doors would get frozen and not open. I can get in through the front or passenger side door and once the car has warm up the interior heat would melt the ice that is preventing the doors from opening. Any one else thought on this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes.. Shut it off, go manual.. Especially considering the long toyota van history failure rate of power sliding door and $$ involved..
I have a le and my sliding door is junk.. I never use it.. Just the manual one only.. Toyota or honda has never made a bullet proof power sliding door that i have heard off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi.
To avoid getting doors frozen I use silicone spray on all rubbers door. I have 2007 LE and I disabled by default power door. I open, close them manually.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use Honda 08798-9013 Silicone Grease on the weather stripping. If the car is covered in snow I place the doors in manual mode and test them to see if they are frozen. If not then I place it back in auto mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts