Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Limited. Would there be any issues with putting on these Michelin tires 235/55 R18 100T? Even on road trips the van doesn't usually see past 85 mph.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2015 Limited. Would there be any issues with putting on these Michelin tires 235/55 R18 100T? Even on road trips the van doesn't usually see past 85 mph.
You will be fine. If anything, you would only feel a slight difference in ride/stiffness with a higher speed rated tire vs the T-rating. The load rating is of more importance for these types of vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Some tire stores and shops will not sell or install T-rated (118 mph) tires on a Sienna that came with V-rated (149 mph) tires. For example, Costco will not sell H-rated (130 mph) all season tires to me for my 2014 Sienna Limited although their policy allows them to sell H-rated winter tires to me.

If you are going with T-rated tires, verify that you can get them installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some tire stores and shops will not sell or install T-rated (118 mph) tires on a Sienna that came with V-rated (149 mph) tires. For example, Costco will not sell H-rated (130 mph) all season tires to me for my 2014 Sienna Limited although their policy allows them to sell H-rated winter tires to me.

If you are going with T-rated tires, verify that you can get them installed.
I called Costco and they said it's not a problem. The guy on the phone said that they will adjust the mileage on the warranty since it's not the same speed rating. I ordered the tires, so hopefully they don't change their tune.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I called Costco and they said it's not a problem. The guy on the phone said that they will adjust the mileage on the warranty since it's not the same speed rating. I ordered the tires, so hopefully they don't change their tune.
LOL, let's hope that the guy doesn't read the corporate directive that my local Costco guy showed to me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My local (western Oregon) Costco was happy to sell me, and install 245/65R 17 Michelin Defender LTXs on my 2015 AWD Limited. So not only a different speed rating, but a different size from stock. And my aftermarket wheels have a different offset as well (+20 vs +35). For whatever that is worth..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts