Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea what is going on with my MID buttons, the three above the cup holders, not working to reset the clock, navigate the fuel consumption, adjust screen brightness etc., The display works, displays AC heat fan info, exterior temp and the average fuel consumption, but can't get it to change to any mode.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
If there have been any recent repairs that involved disassembling the dashboard such as the front passenger airbag replacement, it's possible that the connector behind the buttons wasn't connected, has become unplugged or that it or the button module was damaged.

It is particularly easy to remove this panel by prying round its edges with a plastic trim removal tool gradually freeing the panel from the dashboard structure. I've removed and reinstalled this panel (and the head unit and center vents) on my 2014 twice when installing and removing a cell phone bracket.

A putty knife with a one to two inch blade with it's blade wrapped with a layer electrical tape to prevent damage makes a pretty good substitute for a plastic trim removal tool.

Or if the buttons haven't worked since a repair like I described above was made, you could take your Sienna back to whoever did the repair.

That's my first shot at this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts