Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've a bit of a dilemma. I am disabled and have a 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE (Entervan) handicap minivan.

I'm migrating from the stock "P1820" JBL stereo to "E7007" JBL NAV stereo (because it is easier to use a integrated NAV with voice commends than a Garmin GPS) as it helps me when I am getting around. In my effort to migrate, only one connector that was connected to the P1820 doesn't fit the E7007. The attached pics show (circled) which connector on the P1820 is left without a matching connector on the E7007 NAV (and which connectors are empty on the E7007).

Now, the E7007 works great in my 2009 Sienna XLE, but I apparently don't have a microphone Now (I used to with the P1820) to make use of the Bluetooth Phone solution (the E7007 won't hear voice commands) so I suspect the wiring /plug that went into P1820 needs a cable that will match the plug to a plug on the E7007.

So, is there a extra connector I need (much like the Chrysler Uconnect migration from standard stereo to NAV which requires a microphone bypass cable)?

Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for both the P1820 and the E7007 in PDF format?

I am hoping to be pushed in the right direction by the experts on this forum (by the way, I am the site administrator for the Chrysler Sebring Convertible Club, so I hope to be on this forum more as I get to learn about my beloved Sienna). :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still without a microphone.

I went to a Toyota Dealership, and they were of no help regarding schematics either. I am about to give up having a working microphone. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found on ebay, a manual for the electric schematics for a 2009 Sienna (CE,LE,XLE) for $18.00.

I'm hoping I'll find a schematic for both the P1820 and the E7007 (so I can find out if there is a wire I am missing after upgrading to the E7007).

If there is any aficionado out there with an opinion, I am open to hearing it (the thread has over 120 views, but no replies). :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I checked if the microphone is on the upper overhead light enclosure, and it is. The Microphone does work with the P1820, but it doesn't with the E7007.

Here is the screenshot of the back. The red arrow is pointing to the extra connector that was connected to the P1820, but does not fit the E7007 (you can see the red circle).

If anyone can push me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts