Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
If you are questing oil changes go watch The Car Care Nut on YouTube. He has a lot of good information. What dose it hurt to change your oil a little more often if it mean it could extend the life of your investment. BUT, make sure you go to a shop that is really changing your oil, I have had them just try and change the filter and said that was good. Make them do a full oil change.
Also, learned from the car care nut, the only place to get Original OEM parts is from a dealership.... Want to skimp on oil? ok, but dont skimp on oil filters.... go to a dealership and buy your own oil filter and take it to a shop and bring your filter.

· Registered
549 Posts
What I got from this thread and other Oil Change threads. In writing, this is what I have planned. (Still waiting for delivery)

1K - Filter only change, PurolatorOne
5K - Oil and filter change, OEM filter + Mobil1
10K - Dealer (ToyotaCare)
20K - Dealer (ToyotaCare)
25K - Oil and filter change, PurolatorOne filter + Mobil1
30K and beyond - Whenever I can get to it.
for me its 5000 miles, I've said it before, I say it again:
Do what the experts do and not what the experts say: Car Care nut swears by 5000 mile oil change.
and my motto adopter from car care nut.
Oil is cheap, engines are not, and I can live with that.
I have heard a ton of times of engines damaged by not changing the oil on recommended intervals. I have never heard about a damaged engine because someone changed the oil too many times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts