·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a misfire saying cylinder 1 Swapped plugs with sensor from rock auto
Mine were original as they said made in japan
New ones are denso iridium 5344 not the 13$ ones but around 7$
I put di electric grease on back ignition coils
The connectors tabs broke for the electrical wires on all of the coils still stayed on
Now the miss is worse at times and today at advanced auto parts the codes were misfire 1 thru 6 as secondary codes
P0358 ignition coil d primary / secondary circuit was primany code
Could I have a ignition coil going out? I'm about to order the back 3 coils from rock auto.
I should mention that the misfire seem worse when the engine is warm.
Today at a traffic light after city driving I gave it gas and it seemed like it did not want to rev up
At times at misfire the cruise control light came on
2007 le with 155k miles

·
Registered
2009 le awd
439 Posts
Or maybe the broken tab on the plug is causing it. the code indicates a problem with either the coil or the wiring. All of mine are broke off too but they still stay plugged in with no issues. You can buy new ones of those too,
Just splice em in and you will have new locking tabs. Might as well get some with the new coils if you decide to buy some.
Are you sure it was p0358 ? That would refer to cylinder #8 but this is a 6.

Light Product Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to splice in a used camshaft wire connector on back camshaft sensor as I broke mine
Or maybe the broken tab on the plug is causing it. the code indicates a problem with either the coil or the wiring. All of mine are broke off too but they still stay plugged in with no issues. You can buy new ones of those too,
Just splice em in and you will have new locking tabs. Might as well get some with the new coils if you decide to buy some.
Are you sure it was p0358 ? That would refer to cylinder #8 but this is a 6.

View attachment 59163
Sorry it's p0354

·
Registered
2009 le awd
439 Posts
Thats the middle one in the front, swap it with the #2 or #6 and see if the code follows.
Might want to buy a code reader or at the very least get the auctual codes from the autoparts store.
Having one of these in your glovebox at all times is a bare necessity in my book.

·
Registered
Old Sienna
746 Posts
Had a miss on one cyl on a chrysler. While gassing it the engine tried to compensate, screwing up all the cyl. I swapped injectors of the cyl with the miss with one on a good cyl. The miss moved cyl so I knew it was a bad injector. Being a cheapskate I only replaced the one with a $10 junkyard pull. To be kind to the salvage yard I made sure the donor engine wasn't any good.
While your at it, cleaning all the injectors is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It's unfortunate, but P0300 and P0301 (assuming it was one of those originally) both don't mean what they say they mean. They're kind of catch-alls for any misfire OR anything that could cause a misfire. There's a whole ton of things to check. You could have something as simple as a weak battery or a clogged air filter OR you could have something more serious. Hopefully, when you swapped in new plugs, you changed out the throttle body and intake gaskets and re-torqued everything to proper specs. Otherwise, you may have introduced a vacuum leak. It's also possible that disturbing the system caused some other issues or maybe you cross routed some vacuum or evap lines or some such. The option now is to start with the problems you have, investigate, assuming nothing was done, and try to diagnose the cause(s) or just throw in the towel and take it to a mechanic to do the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats the middle one in the front, swap it with the #2 or #6 and see if the code follows.
Might want to buy a code reader or at the very least get the auctual codes from the autoparts store.
Having one of these in your glovebox at all times is a bare necessity in my book.
Got a code reader you recommend

·
Registered
2009 le awd
439 Posts
move that coil to left (#2) or the right (#6) clear out the current codes if any and see if that problem moves with it. A p0352 would indicate a #2, a p0356 would point to the #6.
It could very well be other problems causing this but these particular codes point to issues with most likly a bad coil. Moving it around would confirm its bad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Assuming your spark plugs are well within their service lifr and you're not leaking copious amounts of oil into a given cylinder, with a car that age is probably your coil pack.

Mine started to go on my O2 about 3 years ago. Fortunately they were all the even number cylinders in the front. So I just got O'Reilly's Auto Parts store brand, with the lifetime warranty, and replaced them as needed.

A year later I had my major tune up and had my mechanic replaced the rear ones, which are not easy to get, to with OEM Densos. Even though the original ones had yet to fail.

Had to replace the ones in front about 5 times now, but since they had a lifetime warranty the part was free and the job is only 5 minutes worth of labor.

But yeah, coil packs

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put new plugs
They just had a tad build up from the gas deposits. I have new coils all 3 for the rear. Hope that fixes it. I should have done that while I had intake off

Assuming your spark plugs are well within their service lifr and you're not leaking copious amounts of oil into a given cylinder, with a car that age is probably your coil pack.

Mine started to go on my O2 about 3 years ago. Fortunately they were all the even number cylinders in the front. So I just got O'Reilly's Auto Parts store brand, with the lifetime warranty, and replaced them as needed.

A year later I had my major tune up and had my mechanic replaced the rear ones, which are not easy to get, to with OEM Densos. Even though the original ones had yet to fail.

Had to replace the ones in front about 5 times now, but since they had a lifetime warranty the part was free and the job is only 5 minutes worth of labor.

But yeah, coil packs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts