Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got my 2020 Sienna XLE AWD with Navigation package today but I am struggling to find/enable the "Driver Easy Speak" function. My Etune system asked for an upgrade as soon as I started and I said yes and in apps I dont see the "Driver Easy Speak" function/icon at all.

Am I missing something obvious? Do I need to complete any setups to see the icon?

I am freaking out thinking that I paid for navigation package but did not get all features?? I have navigation and rear parking sensor sonar but cant seem to find the Easy speak.

I have below pcakge -
  • EX XLE Navigation Package - Factory
Thank you for help in advance

I will keep on searching on the forum to see if I can find anything but no luck so far :(

Thanks and Regards
Preet

·
Registered
31 Posts
Of course it's in the manual, sorry I should have just posted this in the first place.
From the Navigation and Multimedia System Owners Manual:
View attachment 45116
Thx so much for the help. I was only looking at the ower's manual. I didn't know there is another one about navigation and multimedia.
After following the instruction about the "Driver Easy Speak" setting to turn it on, how can I actually use it?
Do I just directly speak? But I don't hear my voice got broadcast to 2nd and 3rd rows......
In youtube video like this:
I see there is a button to turn it on and off but I cannot find this in Sienna XLE with navigation package.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thx so much for the help. I was only looking at the ower's manual. I didn't know there is another one about navigation and multimedia.
After following the instruction about the "Driver Easy Speak" setting to turn it on, how can I actually use it?
Do I just directly speak? But I don't hear my voice got broadcast to 2nd and 3rd rows......
In youtube video like this:
I see there is a button to turn it on and off but I cannot find this in Sienna XLE with navigation package.
\
You will have to turn it on every time you start your vehicle. It would be much easier to program it on the home screen, and with just one click on the touch screen, Driver Easy Speak is turned on and ready to use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
\
You will have to turn it on every time you start your vehicle. It would be much easier to program it on the home screen, and with just one click on the touch screen, Driver Easy Speak is turned on and ready to use.
Why in the youtube video I referred previously there is an icon in the home screen?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Why in the youtube video I referred previously there is an icon in the home screen?
In the video, he pushes the APP button first before seeing the easy speak button.
Try this:

If you want to customize your apps:
  • Tap the Settings icon on your screen
  • Tap the Apps icon
  • Drag and drop your apps to move them to the desired location
  • Tap OK to save
Also, I don't think he's in a Sienna and the video is 5+ years old, they might have changed the system since then.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I set it on the Home screen, you can customize your Home screen. I don't remember the instructions for this procedure, but @sideshowalan's reply should work in a way.

In the video, he pushes the APP button first before seeing the easy speak button.
Try this:

If you want to customize your apps:
  • Tap the Settings icon on your screen
  • Tap the Apps icon
  • Drag and drop your apps to move them to the desired location
  • Tap OK to save
Also, I don't think he's in a Sienna and the video is 5+ years old, they might have changed the system since then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I set it on the Home screen, you can customize your Home screen. I don't remember the instructions for this procedure, but @sideshowalan's reply should work in a way.
Please bear with me as a newbie......

This is my home screen. I cannot find "Settings" icon there.

And here is my setting screen, I don't see an option of "Home"......

·
Registered
83 Posts

I am glad you posted an image as I am a visual kinda person. You are almost there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts