Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Group!
On Saturday I ordered the power folding mirror upgrade from MIT Accessories on Amazon for my 2016 XLE. This is the one for the 2015 & up with heated glass, puddle lights, turn signal indicator and BSM indicator. As they don't stock my color pre-painted (Sky Blue Pearl), I bought it unpainted and will paint the cover myself.
First thing about MIT Accessories - their shipping is fast. I ordered on Saturday, and the package arrived from Taiwan to my house in NJ on Wednesday.
Second thing about MIT Accessories - their instructions kind of suck. It is basically 6 printed pages of photos that diagram which wires get connected where. It seems that I need to tap into at least 3 different harnesses in the dashboard, but the instructions don't say where they are or how to get to them. There are no instructions on how to remove the dash panels or run the wires through the door.
Third thing - I'm not too sure of the build quality of the mirrors. There are exposed wires and connectors inside the mirror housing that should probably be better protected from the elements. I haven't taken off the OEM mirrors for comparison so I'll have a better idea when I do the install.

I have some specific questions about the kit that I emailed to the sales manager - hopefully she can forward to their tech support. In case anyone on the forum has installed these, inside the mirror housing there is a red and black wire that I don't know where to connect. They seem to just be connected to the lead-in wire from outside the housing, but I can't tell where they should connect inside the mirror.

I searched this forum and didn't see where anyone else had installed these mirrors on a 2015+ vehicle. I saw the LED turn signal install/group buy from 2013, but the wiring for those seems completely different. I saw cape97's instructions but his kit doesn't look like mine at all.
I can post photos and instructions as I do this build, if anyone is interested. I'm still waiting on the paint to arrive, but I may spend Memorial Day weekend working on this.

Wish me luck!:grin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The red and black wire I believe is for the hidden signal arrow behind the glass. There’s a video on YouTube by MIT that shows a man running wire through the door. Get a metal hanger to fish your wires through. Key thing is to remove the rubber conduit from the openings so the wire can be fed in and out easily. Blind spot indicator isn’t as visible in daytime and the mirror glass vibrates more than stock mirror glass. Had mine for over a year and no issues with the exposed wires after countless touch less washes and hand washes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.
Not being able to see the blind spot indicator in the daytime is a no-go for me. That's the one feature I find myself relying on more and more. Hopefully that's been addressed.
I heard back from MIT tech support. These mirrors have dual-LED lights and no longer have the signal arrow behind the glass. He said just to tape off the wires. Not sure how I feel about that either, but we'll see.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think I posted photos of my signal and cover install on one of the mirror install threads. Shouldn’t be much different.

I ran puddle lights, signals and parking lights.

Does the OEM glass not fit the MIT mirror? I know the 2011-2014 limited has glass arrow signal and the 2015+ went to the cover signals.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
what did you search on amazon for the mirrors? I wasn't able to find anything for MIT Accessories
Maybe the OP meant to say eBay instead of Amazon. MIT (Made in Taiwan) has a store on eBay but I don't remember seeing their stuff on Amazon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe the OP meant to say eBay instead of Amazon. MIT (Made in Taiwan) has a store on eBay but I don't remember seeing their stuff on Amazon.

They are also on eBay any update to this from OP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve had the aftermarket power folding mirrors by MIT for about a year and a half. Only things I didn’t like about them was that the BSM light was not very visible in the daylight and the mirrors would constantly vibrate even at idle. This past month I swapped the aftermarket ones with my oem ones. Except I installed the power folding motors from MIT and their sequential signal/drl kit. I am much more happier with the new modified OEM mirror set up. No vibration and the BSM light is super visible in daylight again. As for wiring I was able to use the existing wiring I had from the previous aftermarket mirror install. If anyone is looking to do this mod feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I posted photos of my signal and cover install on one of the mirror install threads. Shouldn’t be much different.

I ran puddle lights, signals and parking lights.

Does the OEM glass not fit the MIT mirror? I know the 2011-2014 limited has glass arrow signal and the 2015+ went to the cover signals.
No they don’t. MIT mirrors have a generic circular layout for clips that connect to the motorized assembly. OEM mirrors have four clips on each corner of a rectangular layout.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi!
I have a 2017 Sienna, and I ordered a MIT mirror drive from Ebay, and I ordered a mirror DRL and bend light in one. Very good and nice, it works super. If someone needs help or a picture. I am in Hungary, we have Toyota-Lexus in Europe.
All the best.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Do anyone have MIT Accessories' contact information such as address or phone number in Taiwan?
I communicated with an MIT employee through their eBay store a few months ago. The employee was very helpful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts